You guys think this car has been wrecked?

-
It looks decent but when you go and get it make sure there isn't any major hole in the floors cause they are notorious to rust out and as far as the fender you may need a new one if it has shady body work over holes in the fender other than the floors, missing drivetrain and drive shaft, fender it don't look to bad. The floors look solid in pics but you never know until you really look at them in person. Also if you can see it check the framerails to make sure they are straight.

Undercarriage looks very respectable, for the exterior sheet metal it will be too difficult to tell from photos, even though the seller has done a good job with the pictures showing all aspects of the car. For the body you'll really need to see it in person. Definitely try to negotiate the price if possible, and take a friend to have a second opinion and it will help make the drive there and back less boring.

WOW nice car! I think the price seems fair and (IMO) I would bet the seller isn't trying to hide anything. 4k isn't pocket change but that interior is smokin' and complete. The body can be made perfect, only time and money, try and find some red inside parts cheap! I'd open my wallet SOON. If this is what you want, you WILL regret passing on it.

I just got home from looking at this car.
To answer the original question I would say yes. The left rear quarter panel has been replaced. Not the best job either. There is overlapped jagged metal on the inside. The left front fender is from a 68 and has alot of bondo. The gaps around the hood are a little funny. The driver door striker post is broke loose.
I would say he's asking about 2 grand too much.

I just got home from looking at this car.
To answer the original question I would say yes. The left rear quarter panel has been replaced. Not the best job either. There is overlapped jagged metal on the inside. The left front fender is from a 68 and has alot of bondo. The gaps around the hood are a little funny. The driver door striker post is broke loose.
I would say he's asking about 2 grand too much.

That is probably a patch that they put on the inside and a little bigger than the hole they cut and welded the outside edges,its not uncommon to do but smooth patches are better.

He said he was set on 3500. The car did have some redeeming qualities. It's about as rust free as you will find. It just wasn't for me. There was also a slight buckle to the left inner fenderwell. Also has a salvage title.

Thanks for the info sr71. I talked to him on the phone last night about it and was going to go up there Saturday to check it out. I can deal with a bad fender and maybe some massaging on the quarter. The salvaged title is what kills it though. It's like having a black eye that you can never get rid of. If he's not willing to go lower than $3500 then it's just not worth it. Too bad cause it's a nice car and the interior looks great.

Looks good to me. That would be a twin to my car. Mine came
white with the met. red interior.

Note:
Guess not with a salvage title.

-
Back