You have got to be F'n kidding me Repo'd because of a clerical error

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
That was a crappy wake up call at 4 AM by the repo guy asking if we wanted our car seat out of our car. I guess my wife sent the December payment out late or the holiday's messed up the delivery time and since she has 2 missed payments from 2011 when she wasn't working they sent out the order for repo Sunday. I had to pay $1400 to get the car back too because even though they received the payment for December 5 days late they are counting it as a third missed payment and combined it with the repo fee and 1 day storage. I'm so pi$$ed right now that was money I didn't have and now it's gone never to be seen again. Just when everything looks good here I am again wondering how I'm gonna survive for another month.

Sorry just ranting guys and I needed to get it out.

I dont under stand if it got there then it should count .. maybe a late fee or some thing . But i dont know ve never got a car from a lot nether so i dont know how it works ?

A sign of the times. We are not people anymore just numbers. If they only had compassion and understanding but those days are gone.

that is truly.shitty. sorry man. id be mad as all hell

Sooooooo mad right now trying to get it released and brought back to us and they don't have a record of payment. They will not talk to me about it either because she bought the car before we were married and I'm not on the loan.

That sucks! Let it out! Don't worry you are not alone, I know all about it. My money situation is a rollcoaster and has been since the down turn in the ecomony. I am 8k away from paying off my Harley and I am about to lose it.:banghead: I could on and on but I won't. Just remember if you think you got it bad.......someone has it worst! Good luck and keep your head up!

my sister is having that problem with paying off the house as the loan is under her ex husbands name and so she has to make payments through him. well, lets just say the payments never made it to the people. Now she is gonna lose her house

Here's a thought, you might not like it, but it does work.
See if you are eligible for a "bill payer loan". If you owe less on the car than it's worth, you can borrow the entire amount of the car, (sort of refinancing). Since the amount of the loan will be far less then the original loan, the monthly payment will be lower, and you'll get away from the lender who just tightened the screws on you.

My son did it, and it worked great. He went to the insurance company (State Farm) for the loan. He owed $6000 on his car, and they gave him the entire $6K, on a 36 month loan, and his payments were $183.00, and he managed to pay off the loan in 18 months with no penalty.

Just a suggestion you might not have considered.

See if you are eligible for a "bill payer loan". If you owe less on the car than it's worth, you can borrow the entire amount of the car, (sort of refinancing). Since the amount of the loan will be far less then the original loan, the monthly payment will be lower, and you'll get away from the lender who just tightened the screws on you.

My son did it, and it worked great. He went to the insurance company (State Farm) for the loan. He owed $6000 on his car, and they gave him the entire $6K, on a 36 month loan, and his payments were $183.00, and he managed to pay off the loan in 18 months with no penalty.

frankie thats a really good ideal

That's a good idea, However, she filed bankruptcy 6 years ago.

I remember my mom had her ford ranger repoed from ford credit she just let it go. They just sold it for whatever they got out of it. They put a lean on their house, it cost her thousands of dollars. I think so only owed $ 2000 on it. Those people could care less about anybody. Sorry to hear that.
Jim

I know how ya feel buddy i aint been able to work in years too . it sucks I will be praying for yall

My wife has been unemployed for about 3 years as well. And when she was working she was under-employed. It sucks only having one income even if you make a good hourly rate, today's economy requires two incomes just to survive. So (insert Bill Clinton voice here) I feel your pain.

-
Back