You have to love this video.

-
I can't get over how flat it stays in the corners. Report Card = A.

So is this custom aftermarket? Havent seen a viper motor offered or the carbon fiber deck lid

I want one too!!!

The only thing I could do without is the NASCAR COT front spoiler or valance? What's up with that?

I want one too!!!

The only thing I could do without is the NASCAR COT front spoiler or valance? What's up with that?
That appears to be the same type of adjustable setup that is on the Viper ACR. If it is, it is removable for street clearance.

Oh...my....GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one. I want one BAD. REAL BAD.
491.gif

That is pretty sick. I know a lot of people say the Viper V10 has a funky sound, but I think it's awesome. Sounds like a good ol' Mopar V8 that had a shot of European sex appeal.

i`D TAKE A 1970 440 ANY DAY OVER THAT SHERMAN TANK
I love the old cars too but get on a road that isn't straight and that Sherman tank will blow the doors off of a 1970 440 Challenger. Come to think of it, with 600HP it would probably take one by a pretty good margin in a straight line too. It would out-perform the old car in pretty much every conceivable way.

That is pretty sick. I know a lot of people say the Viper V10 has a funky sound, but I think it's awesome. Sounds like a good ol' Mopar V8 that had a shot of European sex appeal.
The sound is somewhere in the middle between a big block and a Ferrari V12. Nice.
I still prefer the nasty big block, but nice.

Now for the next logical question....after "when does it go into production?"...do they make the Viper engine available in the Drag Package car?

I'm still left scratching my arse over how it was decided that the Camaro would be the 2008 SEMA car? And I love all the big three, but there was soo much more MOPAR in attendance.

That car sounds awsome,and looks to handle corners very well. If it makes it to production,it will be well out of my price range.

Just took delivery of my 6speed 09 last week. I can tell you guys, best car I ever owned! Paint, finish, handling, features etc are top notch!

I still have low miles so have not nailed it hard yet, but 115 feels like 70 in this car. Tons of low end pulling power with the 6.1 too.

I think all around they hit the mark good on the car.

I added a skip shift eliminator
CAI
Strut tower brace support for even better handling

Future
180 thermostat and tunner when it comes out is next.

Car has a very nice sound and very good factory exhaust too.

Also added the old school 70 fender scripts, was lacking the name except on the grill.

Note the 6spd sound much better than the auto car no suit case mufflers and has a 3.92 posi rear end too as oppose to a 3.06. The 6 speed tremec is over drive in 5th and 6th. I think at 70 in 6th is like about 1200 rpms.

Braking is world class 6 piston brembos, I can go on and on, bu anyway these are the highlights!

Bottom line, for a late model smog compliant muscle car it runs darn good low 13s stock to high 12s with a good driver in the 1/4, and top speed at about 180.

fender script .jpg

IMG_1141 (Large).jpg

Sorry not a fan of any of the new challengers,for that kind of money i'll buy a "real" one..

Dave, get me up to speed on cubic inches, I am from the old school, you have a 6.1 is that 392 cubes? i have heard they are going to release a 426, is that true? Walt

i`D TAKE A 1970 440 ANY DAY OVER THAT SHERMAN TANK

Well dart360...I remember "back in the day" owning a 1970 440 6-pack Challenger.....black with cregger mags. May be the most beautiful car I ever owned and was powerful, but was not really that great to drive day in and day out. In a straight line it was fun but on bad or very twisted roads, it drove like a car much heavier then it really was. For every day driving, I much much perfered the small block.

I think the new version does not have the same unique beauty of the old one, but I think it will be much more driveable. I have not driven one yet, but I think it will be a car that I would want to drive on a daily basis.

But then again, I am getting older and my memory may be starting to play games with me. :toothy10:

my car has 600 Hp and there is no way that tank would win in a quarter mile and if i added 5 grand to my suspension very unlikely it would win there either were talking 3200 with driver compared to 4500 with driver

my car has 600 Hp and there is no way that tank would win in a quarter mile and if i added 5 grand to my suspension very unlikely it would win there either were talking 3200 with driver compared to 4500 with driver
Who's is talking about a 600HP 1970 Challenger? I don't remember seeing that on the option list. You have one? Post some pictures. We'd love to see it. It would take more than $5K in suspension and frame mods to make the old car handle that well.

That thing would be cool if you had a big rainbow painted on it.

Kid tested......... DIO approved.

rainbow1.jpg

Back when "rainbows" were still cool.

-
Back