"you just can't fix stupid"

-

72Swinger340

SKMOPARMANIAC
Reaction score
Ever since I got my car, when I filled the tank with gas I would get gas in the trunk of the car. Finally took the tank off last night and right on top are two screw holes about a foot apart. Someone before me had screwed something into the bottom of the spare tire well. DUHHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh well enough of a rant, new tank from Partsource $300.00 in my hands.

Well shoot! That ain't stoopid!
That there was one of them 'hillbilly' fixes to save some weight in the back end. Everyone knows a couple of screws through the spare tire well will hold that there gas tank up - 'cept when it's got gas in it. That way you can get rid of those heavy ol' ugly straps.
Besides, those couple of screws look a bunch better than a couple of bungie cords wrapped 'round the tank!
LOL!!!

Heck sounds like two screws and some silly putty would have fixed you right up!
My cousin bought a new camp trailer first time he tried to use it the electricity wouldn't work so he took it back to get it fixed. What they found was that he had put a paper towel holder in the bathroom and put a screw through a wire. Oops!

well...i installed a fuel filter wrong on a 65 fury and didnt realize it until no fuel in the carb and a face full of gas later....lol what are those three dimples for?

-
Back