You know you have the right wife when....

-

DrEamer

I suffer from cars on the brain!
Reaction score
With this whole lockdown thing going on, I'm glad I have the wife I do. When it first started she told me she was glad I had the car to work on. Maybe because it keeps me out of her hair, but I'll take it. (I shared that on the E body forum) Today I asked if I could use her oven to cure the paint on my oil pan. She said no problem, and only complained a little about the smell. I know some of you have to have some understanding significant others, feel free to share yours!!!

Maybe not heartwarming or very personal but I don’t hear one complaint about what I spend on parts.

My wife is always supportive of my endeavors, is willing to help when and if needed. She also keeps me motivated when I get really frustrated. She has joined me on trips to wrecking yards too. Can't say I've ever used the oven to cure paint though, not sure how well that would go.
:lol:

the right wife when......
  • She puts a clothe over a bored out 360 block in the living room and uses it for a flower stand instead of complaining
  • She helps pull or install engines or trannys
  • in a rough time she agrees to sell her '66 Fairlane so hubby could keep his Dart
  • She'll stand between my car and my brothers as a flag girl while we continued to try each week to settle the score (cars were close!! lol)
  • She gets out of a warm bed to fire up her '77 RC with no choke, sweep the snow off and break open the road for 25 miles in the middle of a winter vortex storm to get her hubby
  • She has 8 cars in the drive way and no complaining
  • She makes great homemade pizza
  • I could go on and on, and I know I married over my head. No problem being quarintined with her for the rest of my life! :)

...the right wife when she helps strip the paint on your car.
Cuda06.JPG
Cuda05.JPG
Cuda04.png

I got pics of mine pulling the mud out of the doors of my grandpa's flooded 92 Ram.
That's when I knew I'd keep her.

OR when she says, "Honey, weren't you thinking about getting new headers? Why don't you just get the ceramic coated TTIs"

She spent all my car money at Hobby Lobby.

She parked her car in the garage and used the other side to store her Hobby Lobby inventory.

She bought a new car and quit her job so I have to use what's left of my car money for that.

She puked in my 'cuda.

I picked a good one!

She spent all my car money at Hobby Lobby.

She parked her car in the garage and used the other side to store her Hobby Lobby inventory.

She bought a new car and quit her job so I have to use what's left of my car money for that.

She puked in my 'cuda.

I picked a good one!
Your not the only one Ben Drinkin. Been there. lol

i am very lucky..i have carte blanche with my projects...i must be doing something right or it keeps me out of her hair!

I know I married the right lady. My better half helped me install a windshield in my truck yesterday. I'm 63 years old and my wife is a little older than me. How's that for a trooper?

Jack

When you're in a precarious position working on a vehicle and she will retrieve the tool you don't have at that moment. My wife will always ask "what color, whats it look like and what drawer is it in?". Last weekend I was changing the rear shocks on her truck. I was able to hold the top nut with 1 wrench, hold the ratchet, extension and socket in place (on the bolt) with my other hand as she pulled on the ratchet to remove the bolt. Can't begin to tell you how many engine replacements she assisted with. They never complain either, they are our greatest asset.

My wife doesn't care what car parts I buy as long as the bills get paid first and if our kids need anything. She's even cone out and helped on a dart a few times.

She absolutely supports and very often, stops me from being Stupid! When she dives under the car while dropping the body over the sub front assembly. I could go on! Nice to have A great Wife though, and supports the effort!

Last edited:
Mine said at morning coffee "aren't you going to call that guy with the Barracuda" three days after I told her about it. This in the middle of a 5year build on my 65 Comet. Still have the wife, the Barracuda but I sold the finished 65 Comet about 3 years ago.

Nothing hotter than a woman who will throw the wrenches with you.... What I have found in the women which have surrounded my life is most of them don't think they can do the work or it puts them in an awkward situation. Couldn't be farther from the truth. For you guys that have this in your life congrats....

For the rest of us there's always the loyalty of your dog to talk about lol...

JW

In my case she was unhappy and unsure running the hoist jack and after much spent in paint/ Body work. Much to My surprise she had no issue diving under the car! Gotta love that.

I have lots of video but she would hurt me to send it out! One thing for sure is they help keep us saine but are always self confident about being on video! Gotta love em! I do!

-
Back