You might be a redneck if.....

-

Sublime Swinger

Reaction score
Thought this might be a fun topic of how inventive you can be when you want to get something done on your car or a household project.
I will start with this: I only have a sand blast cabinet at home to clean my parts and restoration pieces, well last year at Nats I picked up a really clean pair of frame rails for the dart but they had at least three coats of paint on them. I couldn't fit them in the cabinet so I started sanding with a DA, using a wire wheel anything I could think of to get this paint off. Then one day I thought of the cabinet again and how I could fit them in the cabinet. So I came up with this...

My wife had a fit when she seen her kitchen garbage can screwed to the side of my sandblaster. Frame rails where now able to fit perfectly in the cabinet.

So how has your redneck engineering helped you finish a project?

Attachments

• IMAG0367.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 280
I made replacement floor pieces for my car out of old washing machine front panels. That redneck enough for you?

I made replacement floor pieces for my car out of old washing machine front panels. That redneck enough for you?

I must be a redneck too because I have done that too. One time I used sheetmetal off an old fried 30 year old furnace too. :???:

I always say if it got you from point A to point B, there is no harm done, good use of recycling.

plexiglass (Lexan) for a busted out window in the middle of winter? DRIVER side window to boot!?

I must be a NYC redneck..Country music all day! Powder coating in the Kitchen oven..Taking a Nap in front of the garage...Yup..!
I know I'm wrong..Up till now NO neighbor complaints,But I wouldn't care what they say anyway

plexiglass (Lexan) for a busted out window in the middle of winter? DRIVER side window to boot!?

Done that on a road trip and duct taped it to the window opening, every couple days I would have to replace the tape because it would start to melt off.

If you save your used glycol brake fluid to use as paint remover.
You save rusted car parts until you meet the 100 lb min for scrap steel at the recycler.
You never throw out old chairs and broom handles if they can fit in the fireplace next winter.

If you save your used glycol brake fluid to use as paint remover.
You save rusted car parts until you meet the 100 lb min for scrap steel at the recycler.
You never throw out old chairs and broom handles if they can fit in the fireplace next winter.

I have an old 55gal drum that I've been filling up behind my garage, as soon as it's full it goes to the scrap yard for beer money.

-
Back