Young people...

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
So, last week I got a text from a guy I know from church about his son buying a classic car (didn't tell me what). He asked if they could bring it over so that I could give them pointers and some direction. They showed up in a '65 6-cyl Mustang in pretty decent condition. Kid (21 years old) is listening and taking notes. They've got plans and had a real nice chat with both of them. When they left I pulled out the reproduction factory shop manual I had for '65 Mustang/Falcon/etc. and gave it to them. He's been wanting something old for a while, so there are still kids interested. It's up to us to nurture the passion. Probably an injected 5.0 in the car's future...

I was thinking, Oh no he is going to drive up in a CVYTERECVGGH Honda. Glad to read it was a 65 Mustang.

I was thinking, Oh no he is going to drive up in a CVYTERECVGGH Honda. Glad to read it was a 65 Mustang.

I don't think his dad would do that to me...

Next up is helping a guy older than me with getting some work done on a 1979 Corvette. Some of you may have heard of him (Tim Collier, played in the NFL). I've known his son-in-law for many years (also played in the NFL - Anthony McCoy). I'll probably send him to a buddy of mine as I'm avoiding side jobs, perhaps forever...

I don't think his dad would do that to me...

Next up is helping a guy older than me with getting some work done on a 1979 Corvette. Some of you may have heard of him (Tim Collier, played in the NFL). I've known his son-in-law for many years (also played in the NFL - Anthony McCoy). I'll probably send him to a buddy of mine as I'm avoiding side jobs, perhaps forever...
Same here, My neighbor who has a chassis shop called me today and asked if I wanted to replace front and rear gears for a customer with a Jeep. And another guy wanting me to set up a Dana 60. I had to turn him down. Back surgery and a heart attack have made me slow down.

I love hearing about kids that show an interest in the classics. I'll do whatever I can to encourage and help them.
One guy came by a couple of weeks ago looking for a dash pad. He mentioned that he liked plastic car models. I ended up giving him about 15 unassembled models that I got from a guy that moved to Idaho. He was blown away.

-
Back