Your car now vs factory stock

-

KnuckleDuster

Reaction score
Just ran across an ad for a car that is very similar to the way mine came from the factory. Thought it might be interesting to see what incarnations your cars have been through since they left the assembly line.

My car now-

How it should look-

Black with white bucket interior and stripes,wheel mouldings,rocker mouldings,rally wheels and no hood scoop...

So let's see where yours started and ended up.

The light green is how it would have started minus the vinyl roof slant 6.

Now has new paint runs a 440, 8 3/4 3.91 (due to be swapped out soon) connected chassis disc front end b@m floor shift, after market guages,
new interior and wheels as per second pictures and in 6-8 moths due to be exported back to New Zealand when we return home. Should be one of very few in the country and only one with a 440 fitted only managed to locate 8 at home so far.

Attachments

• 1973-Plymouth-Duster-340-with-White-Canopy-Vinyl-Top-Mist-Green-fvl-_2005-WW_WD-DCTC_-DSCN7279-5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_42260554335681.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 383
  • image-0f57484b0839e15f49eda0326f24864e6b9196d2925435bbf06d1f207680e99e-V.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 395
My car is very far from factory. I put in a 408 stroker, a GM 200R4 transmission, a Dana 60, Calvert Racing mono leaks, Caltracs, new wheels and tires, an MSD programmable ignition, line locks, adjustable strut rods, 90/10 shocks front and 9 way adjustable rears, changed to a B&M floor shifter, custom instrument cluster, custom stereo, custom seats, custom door panels, dynomat, electric trunk release, subframe connectors, four wheel disc brakes, drilled and slotted rotors, chrome brake booster and master cylinder, aluminum radiator, electric fans, all electronic gauges, TTi headers and true 3" dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40's and an H pipe, dual snorkel hood scoop and a Go Wing. I'm probably missing things, but I am far from factory.

View attachment Clean Dart.jpg

View attachment Dart engine - chrome booster.jpg

View attachment Having a good day at the car show.jpg

View attachment In line at Brainerd International Speedway.jpg

View attachment Instrument cluster and wheel.jpg

View attachment Interior.jpg

View attachment Two weeks old first car show.jpg

View attachment Sexy shot at garage.jpg

View attachment It can burn the tires.jpg

View attachment Rear disc brakes, mono leafs and caltracs.jpg

My '65 HiPo still looks factory from 10 feet away anyways. Numerous subtle changes to power, suspension, brakes and interior. It has a lot more grunt than when it left the factory, drives like it is on rails, rattle free, stops with the BMW's, the seats are very comfortable and the hidden stereo is capable of overcoming the sweet song of the exhaust (IF I want).

Mine....Now converting from a slant 3 speed to a 318 4 speed 8 3/4.

Attachments

• dus whel 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 342
  • duster.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 341
My car factory stock would look like this but white vinyl top and white/dark red two tone interior instead of black pictured. Mine had same RR1 burgundy paint, light group, wood wheel, racing stripe, rocker moldings just like advertisement car.

barracuda.jpg

Mine would look mostly like this, but with white wide racing side stripe and Formula S badging:

68cudanotch4.jpg

68cudanotch6.jpg

NOW

7407826-BarracudaStreetsOfWillow.jpg

7478416-ScatSeat11_26_12Sm1.JPG

Not my original picture but it is exactly what mine looked like from the factory. The "after" pic is mine.

Attachments

• demon original pic.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Demon (3).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 284
  • Demon (5).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 282
Some really nice cars guys!

Everyone else's cars look nicer than factory except mine....lol.

I have collected the trim, but funds for bodywork and a black paintjob are a long way off.

Mines close just sport mirrors, tuff wheel, hood pins, and wheel lip moldings. I added a 6 pack. Needs paint bad.. Soon !!

Attachments

• demon 002 (1280x960).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 264
First is close to mine stock minus the vinyl top. Second is how it currently sits.

Attachments

• 60.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 219
  • scamp%20ebay%20006.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 219
Some really nice cars guys!

Everyone else's cars look nicer than factory except mine....lol.

I have collected the trim, but funds for bodywork and a black paintjob are a long way off.

I prefer mine in its stock paint and interior color over it's current color combo.

I don't like metallic brown. And the original white and red interior is more exciting than black to me.

I actually bought mine because it was a TX9 340 car and was loaded...PS,PB,buckets,console, and all the trim.

Figured it was a pretty rare car. I was promised the fender tag which was in the possession of the last owner back from the seller. He pulled it off when he painted it red. After I bought the car I guess he got a bad case of seller's remorse and never would cough it up.

I chased after him for about three years offering to pay for it and even help clean up his garage to unearth it...to no avail.

His name is Donald Baughcum of Flowery Branch, GA....If anybody knows him and could convince him to do the right thing it would be great to finally get it. His health was not great, I'll probably never see it.
VS29H2B183646

65 Barracuda

From factory (first picture not mine): 273 ci, 4-speed, 7 1/4 rear axle

Now: 500 ci RB, 4-speed, narrowed Dana 60

Future mods: T-56 6-speed

Attachments

• 65_Barracuda_008.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF4517.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF4518.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 180
Mine would be slant 6 column shift automatic car.
White (without the vinyl top) and dark green interior.

Instead it's got a 360, converted to big bolt pattern, been painted blue, and turned to white interior.

Attachments

• swinger would be.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Fall Dart 12 small.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Fall Dart 19 small.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 144
I prefer mine in its stock paint and interior color over it's current color combo.

I don't like metallic brown. And the original white and red interior is more exciting than black to me.

x2!! Love the stock color combo!!!

To Mopar To Ya...Very sweet build...thanks for showing her off. I'm starting on my '72 Twister by making a list ( yeah, and checking it twice) as I'm trying to keep it to my original budget...it's sort of a game for me to get it as I dreamed and keep it in my original $ and time budget. One of the things that I've listed as "optional" is the dash/instrument cluster. Now that I see what you've done, I'm changing optional to "gotta have". Did you fab your dash/instrument panel or purchase? Any info is greatly appreciated...thx again for the cool pix.

-
Back