your favourite wax,detailer or polish

-
Wax: Griots Premium Carnauba, Blackfires Midnightsun.
Tire Cleaner: Wesleys
Tire Dressing: Mothers
Correcting Fluid: Meguairs Ultimate Compound, Griots Correcting and Griots Perfecting.
Glass Cleaner: Stoners Invisible Glass
Wheel Polish: Mothers Aluminum Polish
Interior Dressing: Meguiars Natural Shine
Leather Cleaner: Lexol
Leather Conditioner: Lexol or Griots (griots actually smells like leather)
Carpet Cleaner: Woolite Laundry Liguid in the black bottle
Microfiber: Chemical guys
Best 1-2 punch: Blackfires Wet Ice over Fire (Incredible results)
Quick Detailer: Griots (best I have ever used)

JAX WAX the best I come across yet and its made in U.S.A. I never seen anything make chrome pop like it easy on easy off even in direct sunlight .

I have not yet used anything on my newly acquired Dart Sport as the weather is still crummy in Chicago. But back in the day 20 years ago on my Dodge Demon and my current daily drivers, I used Meguairs products exclusively and Nu Vinyl on the dash and seats.

I plan on using the Meguairs cleaner wax as I am not in my 20s anymore and I used to spend 8 hours to detail a car. Just clay bar and then the cleaner wax and I might try the Lucas detailer products. I plan on getting a covercraft dustop cover.

Mcguire's with a combination of Chemical guys, AdamR did a good write up on detailing cars.
For some reason I cannot find his thread.

A few years ago the global OEM paint company I worked for conducted an in depth evaluation of all the waxes and polishes used on the market.

The reason for the study was to determine which product was effective at restoring UV exposure panels. Some of these exposure panels sat out in the Florida environment (facing south) for 5 years+ with only an occasional rinse with clear water. Some of the panels looked pretty bad too.

As per the most stringent OEM paint specs a 10% loss of colour position and gloss were allowed.

The only product to meet the requirements (bringing back gloss and colour ) was a cheap liquid wax. Unknowing I had been using this same product since 1979 on of my NCRS concours and show cars. I liked it personally because it did the job. It was $4.00 a bottle at the time and you could buy it anywhere. I can't remember where I bought the first bottle. I think it's $10.00 a bottle now, which is still dirt cheap.

The product is called "Nu Finish". It comes in an orange bottle with a white screw on top.

:glasses7:

-
Back