your opinions on this sharktooth grill

-
That is a lot of coin, you also need to buy the turn signal lenses which may run you another $100, also new mounting hardware. Also, it looks like it needs to be painted, nice looking grile though, bet it is a nice piece.

If all that is wrong with a sharktooth grille is a few cracks, it should not be too difficult to fix. You will have to re-paint the grille after the cracks are repaired.

I had a problem with the Demon grille that had a small chunk out of the middle of it. Found another grille that was in awful shape, but had the chunk that mine was missing. All it took was some surgery with a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel. I cut the rough edges off the spot where the chunk was missing, then cut out the same piece (only a little larger) out of the disaster grille. File and sand until the part fits properly and finish off with a little bit of body putty. Let thoroughly dry, then re-finish. It's a little bit of a Frankenstein approach to getting a good grille, but it worked for me.

I couldn't pay that price for a grille even if I had General Lees bumper gaurds.
Plastics are repairable. Only you can make it look as good as you want it to. OK the repop is backfilled. You could do that too. Still breakable regardless.
I've gave away repair sections for 68 cuda grilles inserts. Someone here may have the pieces you would need.

It seems to me if this piece is whats keeping you from having a finished or near finished car and you havent been able to locate a decent original than the money is well worth it. Me personally if there is a small defect or what not on any of my cars and I fix it or get another one I will, the small things are what drive me crazy and make a car. Looks like a well made peice, I dont think you will find a original in that condition and if you do you will probally pay a good chunk of money.

Thats a good deal on a brand new piece, if you ask me. I have seen originals with cracks & dings go for almost that much on e-bay. Why buy one that will need repaired before you can ever put it on your car when you can buy a brand new piece?

I paid 6 bills for my grill but it is mint and came complete with buckets and clear turn signal lens. I had to beat the seller over the head to get him down from 7 bills.

Not to hi-jack the post but I could use plastic fin pieces off regular busted up 70-72 grill if someone could help me out.

I Sold A Complete Grill With Headlight End Pieces Maybe 6 Months Ago On Ebay, Was A Very Nice Grill, Auction Ended @ $750.00 , Remember Original Parts Always Fit Better. Good Luck

Looks good, but the one thing I don't like about the way it looks are the fins. If you go in the photos section and look close at the fins where they meet the vertical sections, it looks like they are "welded" on. There is all that extra material on the sides whereas an original grille is a smooth 90 degrees there.

I got my Sharktooth grille on ebay for $400 shipped, although I had to fix a couple cracks, but it had headlight buckets and the turn signal lenses with it. Finding a good set of lenses would cost another couple hundred dollars. And if I can repair the cracks on a plastic grille, anyone can do the same job and make it look good.

-
Back