Your thoughts of this?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big question is what are you looking to do with it. Looks like for a race car the price might be right. Cost some bucks to make pretty though

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/3797260599.html

I been watching this ad for some time and need your thoughts... It was originally posted for 5500..

almost to good to be true.......guess you'd have to go look at the car, alot of times, once looked at, could be alot stuff hacked up that needs repairs...........for all the equipment listed, it's a great price imo..........
higgs

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/3797260599.html

I been watching this ad for some time and need your thoughts... It was originally posted for 5500..

I guess it depends on what you want it for.
It sure aint no daily driver.
Severely lacking in the pictures department also, as well as not very much being told about the rest of the car.

One would have to look it over good in person, with a magnet I would think.
Can't hurt to look though, right?

Has me worried a bit because the 727 just has a shift kit from what I learned after speaking with him, As far as streetable, it is and as far as what I want to do is debatable. I considered a 440 stroker for my Signet and figured this might be its base motor but with a basically stock trans, I believe his times maybe exaggerated. So I figured I might as well ask you guys or your thoughts. I like the sound of a 500 inch motor yet would need a bit less engine weight for my Signet in order to drive the way it drives now.

Thanks for your thoughts and we''l see where it goes from here..

I say take the money and build what you really want.

Man, from here, that seems fair as hell on the price......Weld wheels, Edelbrock heads and an extra pumpkin too? Sounds like he's into it waaaay deeper than the asking price.

thats a lot of money for a 73+ anything.......and then with the wrong front clip ....whoooopy doo he made a scamp ....took what was prolly a nice original and made it boring and stripped out and asking a ton of money for it.

your basically buying a supposedly hot driveline and some used mickey thompson tires

i would never trust a car with spot primer like that ....how much mud is under there ? why did it need primer in spots ? where is the interior?

i would think for that much bread either, original paint or a maaco paint job at least.

I disagree and find that a false blanket statement. restored 74 360 4 speed dart sports bring well over that. that's just one example

so your comparing to this car or comparing apples to apples .....apples to apples would be like saying a restored 74 360 dart sport goes for more than a restored 71 340 demon.....

anything restored should go for higher than this car ...bcoz this car is a poor example of anything.

I think for a potential race car its a great start and a fiar price. Body work doesn't matter so much on the level of race car that this example is. This is a mid 12 second car, and with a decent paint job and a good inspection, this car would be a lot of fun at the track...probably this weekend if you bought it today. Think 340plot...he would paint that body tonight in his sleep and have it at the track for test and tune tomorrow afternoon!!

For $4500.00 Joey, I would pass if I were you if you're just buying it for the motor!! If you can use all the stuff the guy put into it like the 4 link and the spools, maybe, but I dont see you getting into all that. Your $4500 would be way better spent on the perfect motor/trans combo to suit your needs!!

Now, if you wanna go racing, head on over there with some $$$, and say hi to my Uncle Joe at the Dairy Queen!! He's a Chevy guy, but he loves a good Mopar as well!! Geof

priced good, only fishy thing i see as a racer, is it is setup for a racetrack but has a rebuilt 727 first need to findout if it has a updated sprag and why is it at a stock stahl of 2500 ?

priced good, only fishy thing i see as a racer, is it is setup for a racetrack but has a rebuilt 727 first need to findout if it has a updated sprag and why is it at a stock stahl of 2500 ?

I'd guess incomplete package...only thing he had lying around...ran out of money...still wanted to street it....ran out of money.....divorce...._______

so your comparing to this car or comparing apples to apples .....apples to apples would be like saying a restored 74 360 dart sport goes for more than a restored 71 340 demon.....

anything restored should go for higher than this car ...bcoz this car is a poor example of anything.

you said that's a lot of money for anything 1973 or newer, I say that's a blanket statement. it may be more than you are willing to pay, but there are plenty of factory 73 and newer cars that bring a lot more money than 4500. it has nothing to do with fruit. there are a ton of pre 73 cars that aren't worth that either

you said that's a lot of money for anything 1973 or newer, I say that's a blanket statement. it may be more than you are willing to pay, but there are plenty of factory 73 and newer cars that bring a lot more money than 4500. it has nothing to do with fruit. there are a ton of pre 73 cars that aren't worth that either

I agree Lance. I have no idea where this one will go, but even with the slant, one of the nicest I've seen in a while........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...5937966?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c33128cae

I agree Lance. I have no idea where this one will go, but even with the slant, one of the nicest I've seen in a while........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...5937966?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c33128cae

so you guys are comparing this one to the one in the OP as justification for the one in the OP being worth the asking price .......i think i need thicker glasses to see what you guys are seeing.

OR must be that you really really like the one in the OP lol

so you guys are comparing this one to the one in the OP as justification for the one in the OP being worth the asking price .......i think i need thicker glasses to see what you guys are seeing.

I wasn't comparing Rani, just pointing out that some of the newer cars are pretty nice.

In my previous life, as a car guy :D, I was not into /6 cars, but I really like this one. I'd look at in person first, but I might even take it a few bills higher myself.......I'm talking about the ebay car.

As to the OP's prospect, I don't believe the price is that far off.

I wasn't comparing Rani, just pointing out that some of the newer cars are pretty nice.

In my previous life, as a car guy :D, I was not into /6 cars, but I really like this one. I'd look at in person first, but I might even take it a few bills higher myself.......I'm talking about the ebay car.

As to the OP's prospect, I don't believe the price is that far off.

and i was never bashing 73+ cars at all .....i would be the first to say that they are totally sweet .......its just...that is a lot of bread for a common car and why dump that much hard earned money into a car that may have some severe body issues ...even if just for a race car .....$4500. is $4500. and thats a lot of money ....unless the one in the OP can be verified to have a clean body under that primer which co-incedently covers all the common rust areas .....but even still ....a stripped out interior .....i still think there a lot better for less money to be had

I think Rani is right , 73+ are the redheaded stepchildren of abody's , never mind turning into a monggrel scamp wannabee , like a scamp is even supposed to be a real car , geez what are we gonna do with all these leftover parts......:puke:

wow Rani lol

3 times a charm hopefully. you said and I quote "thats a lot of money for a 73+ anything" . I say BS . you are saying, or what im reading is that you are saying 4500 is a lot of money for 73 + or newer anything . you didn't say that is a lot of money for the car in the original post, you said anything 73 or newer . geeze lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back