Your thoughts of this?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow Rani lol

3 times a charm hopefully. you said and I quote "thats a lot of money for a 73+ anything" . I say BS . you are saying, or what im reading is that you are saying 4500 is a lot of money for 73 + or newer anything . you didn't say that is a lot of money for the car in the original post, you said anything 73 or newer . geeze lmao

ok correction .....a 73 + car is this condition

this one here is a shining comparision

same money but this one is a pedigree ....and its complete

this seller was straight shooting and was not using primer to hide anything ...you can just see that its the real deal and solid as they come for that kind of money and condition.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=201486

.......i think i need thicker glasses to see what you guys are seeing.

OR must be that you really really like the one in the OP lol

I really DO like it! Look at what all it's got! Fiberglass six pack hood, Cal Tracs bars, two 8 3/4" rears with spools, Weld Wheels, Roll cage, Edelbrock heads, 68 440, rblt trans with 2500 converter......well, I'm just reciting the ad, but......geez isn't almost any POS stock /6 73 Dart worth at least $2K+?

Plus, I like the fact that it doesn't have a vinyl top. Car looks slick as hell to me. BTW, is that a fiberglass front bumper or just a painted stocker? I'd still try to get him down on price, but I think I'd go all in for the asking $$. This is a heavy metal head-knocker car!:headbang:

:poke:pokin' fun at the 73 up guys lol , You can get $4500 into a 440/727 combo in know time flat , it depends on if you buying the car to finish it up or donate the goodies to another shell , if you didnt have anything else to mess with & wanted to finish it up to just go fast , offer him 3k & go from there , always a deal to be had , money talks....

I really DO like it! Look at what all it's got! Fiberglass six pack hood, Cal Tracs bars, two 8 3/4" rears with spools, Weld Wheels, Roll cage, Edelbrock heads, 68 440, rblt trans with 2500 converter......well, I'm just reciting the ad, but......geez isn't almost any POS stock /6 73 Dart worth at least $2K+?

Plus, I like the fact that it doesn't have a vinyl top. Car looks slick as hell to me. BTW, is that a fiberglass front bumper or just a painted stocker? I'd still try to get him down on price, but I think I'd go all in for the asking $$. This is a heavy metal head-knocker car!:headbang:

:poke:pokin' fun at the 73 up guys lol , You can get $4500 into a 440/727 combo in know time flat , it depends on if you buying the car to finish it up or donate the goodies to another shell , if you didnt have anything else to mess with & wanted to finish it up to just go fast , offer him 3k & go from there , always a deal to be had , money talks....

and im not bashing 73+ cars im just saying the hard way ....that car is priced too high for what it is ......a lower price makes the car look lot better.....$4500. is a lot of money when its in your hands in hundred dollar bills as your counting it out into the hand of the seller lol

Rani, I think you, and some of us, are looking at this car from two different perspectives. As a driver/street car, I may agree with you to a point. But, if he's looking for a race/limited use car, it's probably not a bad deal. I know you're learning about race cars, but a low 12sec "A" body is still reasonably costly to build, unless you want to throw a pile of juice to a stock V8 car. I'd definitely look at it closely, but I still think a deal can be made for the right person.

Rani, I think you, and some of us, are looking at this car from two different perspectives. As a driver/street car, I may agree with you to a point. But, if he's looking for a race/limited use car, it's probably not a bad deal. I know you're learning about race cars, but a low 12sec "A" body is still reasonably costly to build, unless you want to throw a pile of juice to a stock V8 car. I'd definitely look at it closely, but I still think a deal can be made for the right person.

Exactly. primer isn't necessarily a bad thing either. maybe the guy had a few little dents, maybe he just needed to show dad he was doing something lol

so your putting emaphasis in driveline and im putting emphasis in the car and body condition ....makes sense... and as usual i think your very right.

i just hope that if the OP gets it, that he is 100% happy with it ...thats why we bring up every aspect of it and pick them apart so the buying person can make an informed choice......but in the end of the day all that matters is if the buyer is happy.

and im not bashing 73+ cars im just saying the hard way ....that car is priced too high for what it is ......a lower price makes the car look lot better.....$4500. is a lot of money when its in your hands in hundred dollar bills as your counting it out into the hand of the seller lol

12.2's for $4500?.....Done deal, ready to rock? I'll bet it's got quite a few other things that weren't mentioned such as a Holley, intake and decent ignition and maybe headers too. I dunno, maybe I'M crazy, but how much are Edelbrock heads by themselves?

Of course, though....a personal inspection can swing things either way massively, if it's a total hack-job or an underpriced money pit.

so your putting emaphasis in driveline and im putting emphasis in the car and body condition ....makes sense... and as usual i think your very right.

i just hope that if the OP gets it, that he is 100% happy with it ...thats why we bring up every aspect of it and pick them apart so the buying person can make an informed choice......but in the end of the day all that matters is if the buyer is happy.

Nothing wrong with picking them apart, that's what we all do best....lol. I agree, I hope whoever gets it is happy with their purchase. :thumleft:

The heads and wheels alone are worth at least half of his asking price. If It's not all hacked together, and the interior is decent, It's worth what he's asking imo. Or within a few hundred negotiated bucks.

How do you compare that POS to anything? What is it? A Duster? A Dart? I know. A Darster? I got it. It's a fart. I mean really. You caint compare it to anything cause it ain't anything.

I'll know tomorrow exactly what's up with this car. I am very familiar with body work as well as what to look for in a 12 second car. I would have viewed it today as I was in his neighborhood but I was busy. I'll drive it, take some photos, who knows what I'll find.

I want to thank you for your help so far and will inform you of my findings. My real problem lies in getting it for what it's worth and than figuring out where to put it if I do purchase it. I have four vehicles as it is, each running and insured and each built for a different purpose.

Hotlines - great looking car with a BB, nice price, would make a great street bruiser or track fun car. As for the 12.2, I agree probably a bit exaggerated, but we are looking at it through an add, I noticed no pictures of the engine bay. May be a nice No2 system.

Here is what I see as pro's or thoughts:
Cool front end, also looks like fiberglass bumper?
Has Spool mounts
Cage - however what quality
Powertrain - BB/727/8.75 - Plus running and installed - this is worth it

Cons -
What do you want, you want a numbers matching pretty car, not for you
Whats been hacked? You may be cleaning someone else mess up,

I have a 71 I built an I have much more into it on a BUDGET Build than 4500 and mine looks about like this one. Just my .02 cents. If I was in the market, I would look real hard at it.

I agree with Rani, the 73 up stuff is just way less expensive to find and build. I can't seem to hardly give away a bunch of nice 73 Duster stuff like a straight rust free fender, yet seems like I have to pay over $500 for the same fender for my 68.

So some of these people gave me the advice my car was worth 3-4K yet would be ready to jump on this for $4500? I can touch up my little rust spots with some bondo and primer as well, and strip out what looks worn in the interior, would maybe I have a $5k car then?

If this car at $4500 is a good deal I made a big mistake with the 73 Duster I had. It's body was this nice, I took the front and rear suspension then tried to get $400 for the rest. When nobody even called I spent months pulling every single part off the body and still now nobody wants any of it. I ended up crushing the body just to get it out of the garage and made $50.

If you like it then by all means, its worth what somebody will pay and somebody has spent more then they are asking for it. It just baffles me where to price one of these cars. Somebody even told me my car was a $2000 car, must have been a secret Ford guy!

I was at a car show looking about and saw a rat rod with a for sale sign on it, so I asked what he wanted, he said 23000. He said he saw my Signet when I pulled in and asked me if my car was for sale, I said not really and than he said he would give me a good price for it, he offered me 9000 against his better judgement. I looked him straight in his face and said, " Lemme get this straight, you build a car out of garbage over the winter and ask 23000 and offer me 9000 for a car I have had 30 effin years, better looking, more power, completely different than you've ever seen and built with more money than you've ever had. Do yourself a favor and take a effin hike " just to put it mildly

Viewed it today, nice body cept for rear of left rear wheel well, should and will be cut out and replaced even if I have to replace the quarter. clean work, welds are decent, subframe connectors and roll cage nicely done. 1968 hp block bored 055 over with forged SRP 10.5 to 1 pistons. Crank and rods are factory forged units. Cam is a comp cam xe285hl 5 something lift,the pushrods are custom smith brothers heavy wall stainless also has adjustable roller tip rockers. Edelbrock aluminum rpm heads with ARP studs instead of standard bolts. Has new double roller timing chain. Moroso deep sump oil pan. M1 manifold Demon 850 cfm carb. 440 source aluminum water pump. All MSD ignition including distributor and box starts right up, loud, shakes the ground even w/ mufflers. Moroso deep oil pan, aluminum rad and done nicely, Cal-Tracks which to me are mickey mouse.. Oregon car, no rust. Firm on the price yet will bring it lower when I give up a mini 14.

I really don't care about the year or how original anything in life actually is right down to my non stock 64 Signet or the fact that my lady friend of 30 years is 25 years younger than I and still don't like cars.Tires look great as well and I'll get a 3:55 suregrip he had tucked away...

Time is running out, need a couple more thoughts before the end of today. He's been offered trades but nothing to what he wants

Viewed it today, nice body cept for rear of left rear wheel well, should and will be cut out and replaced even if I have to replace the quarter. clean work, welds are decent, subframe connectors and roll cage nicely done. 1968 hp block bored 055 over with forged SRP 10.5 to 1 pistons. Crank and rods are factory forged units. Cam is a comp cam xe285hl 5 something lift,the pushrods are custom smith brothers heavy wall stainless also has adjustable roller tip rockers. Edelbrock aluminum rpm heads with ARP studs instead of standard bolts. Has new double roller timing chain. Moroso deep sump oil pan. M1 manifold Demon 850 cfm carb. 440 source aluminum water pump. All MSD ignition including distributor and box starts right up, loud, shakes the ground even w/ mufflers. Moroso deep oil pan, aluminum rad and done nicely, Cal-Tracks which to me are mickey mouse.. Oregon car, no rust. Firm on the price yet will bring it lower when I give up a mini 14.

I really don't care about the year or how original anything in life actually is right down to my non stock 64 Signet or the fact that my lady friend of 30 years is 25 years younger than I and still don't like cars.Tires look great as well and I'll get a 3:55 suregrip he had tucked away...

So the block would be done if it was ever hurt enough to need a rebuild. But still, that's a lot of good parts for what he's asking. And being that the subframe is connected, has a cage and all the welds aren't hack....I would probably pull the trigger if I wanted it. Realistically, that's not a lot of cash imo for what you're getting. As long as you're happy with the aesthetics, that's all that matters.

Buy it, beat the snot out of it, and have fun doing it! If it lets go, you aren't out a ton of money and already have a good amount of supporting parts for a rebuild.

Motor's got 12 runs and 15,000 miles on the street. If this is a lot for a Mopar big block than this would not make any sense what so ever for anyone, wouldn't ya think?

Motor's got 12 runs and 15,000 miles on the street. If this is a lot for a Mopar big block than this would not make any sense what so ever for anyone, wouldn't ya think?

As long as he's telling the truth, then I'd agree, yes. If it is what he says it is inside, and it only has the runs and mileage he says it does, then yes. You could always get crazy and ask to pull the pan and look at the parting line on the crank, and check out the rods. But, I'd doubt he'd go for that with what he's asking.... I know I wouldn't.

Either way, all those parts...MSD, Calvert, Edelbrock RPM's, M1, blah blah blah, cost good money.

Just my thoughts.

As long as he's telling the truth, then I'd agree, yes. If it is what he says it is inside, and it only has the runs and mileage he says it does, then yes. You could always get crazy and ask to pull the pan and look at the parting line on the crank, and check out the rods. But, I'd doubt he'd go for that with what he's asking.... I know I wouldn't.

Either way, all those parts...MSD, Calvert, Edelbrock RPM's, M1, blah blah blah, cost good money.

Just my thoughts.

i agree w/mark.......i think for the stuff your getting in the car, it's worth it, roll 12's for 4500 hun with a street/strip car, it's an investment to me, so no matter what u do with it, i think it's a good deal.......

higgs

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back