You'se Guys 'll SHOOT Me !!!

-
hmmm, I used to have a JS27NOB and I remember 383 being the smallest for the R/T's.......:scratch:

This is what one of the guys from the club had to say. The 70 Challenger R/T only came with a big block but the R/T package was available as code A66 (same options without badging) with the 340. The 71 Challenger R/T was standard with a big block but could be had with an optional 340 engine. So according to this information it is possible to see R/T badging on a 71 Challenger with a 340. One other interesting thing about the 70,71 Challengers is that they had more engine options than any other models in production then with 7 different displacements, 225,318,340,383,426,440,and 440-6. The neat thing back then was that you could truly customize your car build, unlike today where you get a choice of two engines and two interior colors.

I guess never say never about Mopar is right Longgone. Thanks for the follow-up info. :thumbup:

I like the looks of the Challenger in this thread and don't mind the slanty at all.8) I wonder if it will resurface somewhere.....if it really sold?

-
Back