YouTube Interview

-

Calipag

Reaction score
I took my 1954 Ford County Sedan out to one of our local coffee and car meets in Norco Ca. This nice gentleman, Randy did a little interview and video of me and my wagon. Here are the links:

Hope you enjoy it, for all the members I've had the pleasure of dealing with and who have helped me and my son with our 70 Dart; now you can put a face to name.

Thanks

I'm a bit disturbed you "don't know how they did it." First car I drove was a 55 Chev wagon 235, on the tree. I never thought it was that hard. We didn't drive 80 back then, and I never thought "3 on the tree" was too bad..........our old Chev used to get stuck between gears once in awhile, but most of THAT was because "I" was being sloppy, or worse (I was 17 in my Jr year in spring of 65)

When I took driver's ed in high school, we had one "stick" we had to drive some. A really nice 56 Chev 6 moredoor I guess biscayne. Nice and clean, likely low miles, donated by the local Chev/ Olds dealer.

Nice old Ford, tho. I've always liked the clean simple lines of those years

I'm a bit disturbed you "don't know how they did it." First car I drove was a 55 Chev wagon 235, on the tree. I never thought it was that hard. We didn't drive 80 back then, and I never thought "3 on the tree" was too bad..........our old Chev used to get stuck between gears once in awhile, but most of THAT was because "I" was being sloppy, or worse (I was 17 in my Jr year in spring of 65)

When I took driver's ed in high school, we had one "stick" we had to drive some. A really nice 56 Chev 6 moredoor I guess biscayne. Nice and clean, likely low miles, donated by the local Chev/ Olds dealer.

Nice old Ford, tho. I've always liked the clean simple lines of those years

Don't be disturbed "don't know how they did it" was referring to it being bit of work to drive. Manual drum brakes, 3 speed on the column, manual steering ,and a lot of weight to stop, I was just giving credit to the people who drove cars like this everyday, and all over the country. I have people telling me stories of how they used to drive these across the country on family trips etc.

I didn't mean to sound so serious LOL. It wasn't that hard. My mom was a fairly frail lady, and she used to drive "the second car" sometimes. Over the years this "second car" was a 50's GMC, or Chev pu, for a couple of years an old Stude pu, a 55 Nash "Rambler," the mentioned 55 Chev wagon, and probably the worst (poor side/ rear vision) was the old 50's GMC Suburban. What a horrid thing THAT was. All these were either 3 or 4 speed, no power anything. The GMC/ Chevs were not key start. You had to MASH down on a big starter pedal to engage the starter. The Stude pu was at the bottom of the clutch pedal stroke.

I will admit, Mom avoided parallel parking somewhat.

A 50's Suburban....our's did have 3 on the tree rather than a "compound low" 4 speed, but indecent mirrors. Ours had a HUGE problem, never fixed, and why Dad finally got rid of it. it had a horizontally split rear door which was not only inconvenient, but the weather stripping was gone/ damaged. it sucked in exhaust and made us sick. We complained, Dad mostly ignored. I don't know how he finally found out. Maybe on one trip Mom rode in the back seat for awhile, and SHE got sick. But it was HUGE. And BLIND

9152408-1953-chevrolet-suburban-std.jpg

I didn't mean to sound so serious LOL. It wasn't that hard. My mom was a fairly frail lady, and she used to drive "the second car" sometimes. Over the years this "second car" was a 50's GMC, or Chev pu, for a couple of years an old Stude pu, a 55 Nash "Rambler," the mentioned 55 Chev wagon, and probably the worst (poor side/ rear vision) was the old 50's GMC Suburban. What a horrid thing THAT was. All these were either 3 or 4 speed, no power anything. The GMC/ Chevs were not key start. You had to MASH down on a big starter pedal to engage the starter. The Stude pu was at the bottom of the clutch pedal stroke.

I will admit, Mom avoided parallel parking somewhat.

I will tell you my calf knows it when I've taking this car on a cruise with a lot of stop and go! LOL

-
Back