Yuck

-
Frankly, I don't find it worse or better than "the bulk" of some of the rest of this rolling junk. Certainly not 15.5K worth of junk LOL

Rat rods like this are the refuge of talentless car builders. Almost anyone can weld a bunch of steel together. It takes a real craftsman to create something beautiful all the way to paint. Not just some cheap flat black paint, or satin clear.

It always amazes me when people post an ad wanting big $$$ for something, and then fail to take decent pictures.

I'm sure that thing is uglier in good light. :D

Don't get me wrong, I like some rat rods, the ones where people use what they have of all makes and models to build one car. But that poor panel wagon is just god awful ugly.

There is building something on the cheap then there is building something to intentionally look like it's built on the cheap, this is the latter of the two. Car wraps, patina, negative camber are all ways to hind that you have POS car with body and suspension damage and that you have absolutely no taste or originality.

no way.... i liked that little valiant, i wouldn't buy it but i would drive it... --- that guy in the leathers with the apocalypse gear idk about that lol ... but yeah

this one... i dont know about this one

Is that open headers dumping into the passenger cabin through that expanded steel floor? :D

JK

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 223
Luckily he says there's not another one out there. Plus it produces tons of black smoke.

Well, there you go... every one has an opinion, I did not scrutinize the photos to pick out the flaws, but I'll chime in for the view that admires it for what it is and appreciate the way he did it, especially the front wheel wells. Would I buy it NO!!.
I've been around some "rat rods" that I was afraid to stand beside for fear that some torch-cut sharp thing might land on my foot. but I generally like what he did.
I'll bet that not every one who sees my car(s) or your's for that matter, likes every aspect of it. But the truth is I didn't build my car for you, nor you for me. And I've built cars for others that I didn't agree with all their choices... it wasn't my car, I wasn't paying the bills.
Frankly I've seen all the cookie cutter Camaros, Novas, Mustangs, even A bodies that all look alike that I care to see. VivAldi france.

Well, there you go... every one has an opinion, I did not scrutinize the photos to pick out the flaws, but I'll chime in for the view that admires it for what it is and appreciate the way he did it, especially the front wheel wells. Would I buy it NO!!.
I've been around some "rat rods" that I was afraid to stand beside for fear that some torch-cut sharp thing might land on my foot. but I generally like what he did.
I'll bet that not every one who sees my car(s) or your's for that matter, likes every aspect of it. But the truth is I didn't build my car for you, nor you for me. And I've built cars for others that I didn't agree with all their choices... it wasn't my car, I wasn't paying the bills.
Frankly I've seen all the cookie cutter Camaros, Novas, Mustangs, even A bodies that all look alike that I care to see. VivAldi france.

I think a few might agree with you, but I'm not sure that was the point. It was the 15.5 K that seemed a lot off. When I think of a rat rod I sorta get a picture of maybe a $1000 engine sitting on maybe $1500 worth of scrap. Not $15000. At that price I'm thinking luxury.

-
Back