yup another what's it worth Q.

-

jomoper

Mope or Nope
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1026194888.html

Wanted some opinions on this cars value . I was somewhat interested in it but the price might be more than I'm willing to pay. Been looking at quite a few cars that look good in pics but are a real disapointment when seen in person. I contacted the seller saying I was interested in seeing what the car looked like before paint He replied these are the only photos He has of the car .Which makes Me a little suspicous . The work looks top notch otherwise .
Let Me know what you think it's worth and I'll get back later and tell you what He told Me He wanted to get for it . Thanks everyone !

3500.00 . One mans high ball is another mans low ball. I'd rob its goodies for a different car and make that \6 my daily driver.

I saw that one listed last week and thought it was very interesting. If you need me to stop by and eyeball it for you, I pass right by RWC on my way to work. BTW: RedFish's idea isn't a bad one.

I would put the value higher....

The rear suspension and rear end with disk set up alone are worth $2500.

edit for extra words.....

I would value to put the value higher....

The rear suspension and rear end with disk set up alone are worth $2500.

Dunno about that. Even at retail prices for new.
We dont know anything more than "Dana" about the rear.
The sway bar might be 130 or 250 retail depending on mfgr.
We may be looking at stock 4 leaf springs there too.

Well He's asking ALOT more than anyone's suggested so far .
Ben If you wanna give it an eyeball and let Me know your opinion I'd sure appreciate it :-D.Although I don't wanna waste anyone's time .Yes I could afford to pay what He's asking for it but don't think I could stomach it . I'm really just hoping that I could find a nice clean Dart that did not need any body work that I could just bolt in My drive train suspension brakes ETC. And have a turn key driver . Maybe I'm just dreamin ?

I think that $3,500 might be a fair offer in these times. Looks like some nice work done on the car.

I will be in that immediate vicinity Sunday-Monday. I can take a look-see if you want.

I've tried to make arrangements for a time to see it but the guys a little squirelly .Saying He can only show it weekdays after 5PM and only for a short time .I'm a mobile service tech so I contacted Him via e-mail letting him know when I would be working in the vicinity . I got no imediate response so gonna wait till next time I'm working on the peninsula. He could be a scammer, or just have a hellacious commute and not wanna waste time with tire kickers . I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But If you wanna sell a car especially for a large amount your gonna have to spend time with people till you find a buyer that's a good fit .

l bet he wants 4500 to 5000 grand:angry7:

Me too, if not $6500, I'd say it could be very likely they have that in it, paint and vinyl top among other things appears to be new and very well done. I bet they've got $3500 in wheels, tires, suspension and brakes alone...

It's a nice car, if I had the money, $4k is about all I'd go on it, and I'd have a small block waiting to go in. If this car wasn't tan and/or had a V8, I'd say they could get out of it what they have in it, but in the end it's tan Dart packing a slant, these days it's a $3500 car....if only because it's so clean.

It is a very nice car though, if you could live with the color and deal with the slant for a while.....I don't think you'd be hurt if you payed anything under $7k for it, it would easily cost that to DIY.

man i think you guys are being way too hard on this car. i mean lets look at it like this. start out with your basic 73-76 / 6 dart or scamp driver condition with the usual things wrong. cost of car 700.00- 1200.00. i'll take the low 700.00 . add a new paint job with some bodywork and new vinal top. cost 1600.00 - 2600.00. again i will take the low 1500.00. new tires not including rims w/ standard brake job. 700.00 - 800.00. again i will take the low 700.00. new shocks and add rear sway bar and upgrade to large bolt pattern. 500.00 - 600.00. again i will take the lower 500.00. complete new dana setup narrowed to fit an body, add sure grip setup, and new driveshaft. 800.00 - 1200.00. again i will take the lower 800.00. now adding the lowest figures for all of the above totals 4300.00 at low balled figures. i am sure some of us can do better on some of these costs as you are able to do your own body work, or engine work, or suspension work. the fact that it is already done means you are miles ahead. who cares about the color? or that it is a 73-76. is it not a nice car? would it be a better looking car to you if you had a v8 k frame w/ a new hemi sitting on the stand with nothing for it to go in? i say imo this car is solid and looks great. 6000.00 is not unreasonable, but i would go no higher than 6500.00. sorry for the rant but i felt compelled

after re-reading the ad i see he states that that the interior has been redone along with all new weather stripping. interior alone to be redone would run around 1000.00 - 1300.00 to get redone, throw in the new weather stipping for another 400.00 - 500.00 let just 1500.00 on the lowball side again added to the 4300.00 from before and we now have 5800.00 at low balled prices.

chrome bumpers look good, and rims look new (price a set of those new, or redone) and wheel well moulding look good as well. dash pad dosen't look cracked or spilt either.

My guess is, because the guy did all the work to the car, he thinks his labor is worth something. Probably wants $12,000.00 for a $6000.00 car.

thank God its got new e-brake cables in case that /6 getsa crackin or ahh umm.Sorry,all drivetrain no thought.:toothy10:

Well you guys are in the ballpark now . When I inquired He said He was looking to get in the range of $9K !
For a car with good paint /body work I think I could pay $5k-maybe $6K But 9 no way . I think He stated the work was done professionally I took that to mean He paid for it out of pocket so yes He's probably got a lot wrapped up in this car .

i don't think that he will get 9000.00 for it......6000.00 to 6500.00 topps. a 318 in it now would have helped some, but not with the slant

Car doesn't have front willwood disks. Looks like slider factory calipers.

IMG_0800.jpg

Wonder if he could net more out of it if he put the stock /6 rear and drive shaft back in it. Then sell the rear suspension goodies and front sway bar seperate. That's if he did the work himself not factoring in any labor of course.

geeze 9 grand for that......someone watched the auto auctions too many times.

-
Back