Z-Bar and Clutch rod clips

-

eds70dart

Reaction score
Just need advice on the right way of doing it. I'm putting my 70 Dart 340 back together and my family member and I have a difference of opinion. There are two or three of these clips that are used on the Z-bar and the clutch rod assy. It doesn't show how these things are put on in the manuals. When you put the plastic washer on and then place the rod onto the lug, does the clip slide onto the lug against the rod to hold it or does the clip go over the rod and down onto the lug. I found them both ways on my car when I tore it apart, so I want to do it the right way this time. Thanks ED

Thank-you very much guys. If I ever get to see you guys, I owe you a beer or two. My cousin just lost out and owes me a case of 24....YEH>

Dam I wish I could of found this before. Here is a scan of my Mopar perf Z bar shaft kit.

Zbarpic.jpg

mopar vendors have the nylon bushing,, and im guessing brewers would have them also

Here is the mopar perf no. P4529489 contains 4 nylon half bushings 2 pivot studs, 2 flat nylon washers, 2 lock springs, 2 seals, and snap ring, says it fits all A body cars, I think it cost me about $50

Looking at the expanded view of the Z-bar, I've got a question for my own info. I noticed that the spring is on top in the picture. Does it matter if its on top or the bottom, and what is the real purpose of it. I have an idea but would like to get the right answer from the pros.

If you mean what is referred to as a snap ring in the picture the tips go through the tube and into the groove on the bushing. This locates the z-bar in a constant position in relation to the frame but the engine side can slide in an out to account for engine movement in the motor mounts on the other end.

-
Back