Z-bar pivot on fender

-

moparlee

64 Valiant
Reaction score
Ok, I think awhile back somebody posted that they had reinforced there fender cause of the pressure plate being stiffer than stock. I finally got mine hooked up this past weekend and noticed it does give a little. How much is ok or does something need to be done? Thanks for the help folks.

Lee

moparlee said:
Ok, I think awhile back somebody posted that they had reinforced there fender cause of the pressure plate being stiffer than stock. I finally got mine hooked up this past weekend and noticed it does give a little. How much is ok or does something need to be done? Thanks for the help folks.

Lee

That was probably me. I'm working on a template for a inner fenfer reinforcement. The challange is to match the curvature of the stock plate. My only hold up is I'm trying to finish my 71 Charger so I can take it to Springfling.

MVC-027F.JPG

MVC-028F.JPG

MVC-029F.JPG

MVC-030F.JPG

Nice Charger, you got pictures of what your doing as far as the reinforcement? Thanks.

Lee

moparlee said:
Nice Charger, you got pictures of what your doing as far as the reinforcement? Thanks.

Lee

I'll have to make a mock-up this weekend. So far all I have is on paper as a rough sketch. One idea I had was to fab up some straps and connect them on the outside of the inner fender. Basicly tying all the bolt heads together. I still have a lot of undercoating I need to get off so I can deal with a flush surface.

-
Back