Z Bar Questions

-

240 gordy

Reaction score
Couple of questions re the TTI (and stock) Z bar. There is a thin spring that fits in the 2 holes on the frame end of the Z bar and I believe it keeps the bar from moving in and out too much. Question---do the 2 spring ends fit into the Z bar and go below the bushings or in the groove in the bushings to stop it from moving.. Next question ---The rebuild kit comes with 2 rubber end washers. How the hell do you get these washers over the ball on the ball mounts???

O-ring lube. I put a daub of white grease on the balls
The wire clip locks the Z-bar to a fixed position laterally, and keeps all the link-rods in alignment. If you need to center the downrod in the oval firewall cut-out, you can shift the bar a bit by shimming the outboard stud. The mount there should be welded to the apron/inner fender. If it's not welded, it will crack the apron and eventually tear it out.

O-ring lube. I put a daub of white grease on the balls
The wire clip locks the Z-bar to a fixed position laterally, and keeps all the link-rods in alignment. If you need to center the downrod in the oval firewall cut-out, you can shift the bar a bit by shimming the outboard stud. The mount there should be welded to the apron/inner fender. If it's not welded, it will crack the apron and eventually tear it out.
Thanks for the tip...

-
Back