Zinc additives

-
acutally jiffy lube is for the lazy *** people who dont want to change their own oil when they can save alot of money or dont have time to do it

Nope. Where did you understand that from? Even the lastest CJ-4 rated stuff for the EGR/Particulate filterered diesels still has plenty of zddp/phos add.

:notworth: =D> You should rely more on :book: instead of the boss of a joint designed to seperate customers from their cash in exchange for bulk conventional oil, cheap filters and unnecessary services.
The last spec I saw for the zinc content of the newer CJ-4 Rotella said it was 1210ppm and phosphorus was 998ppm. This is a little less than some others but definitely good enough. I also read that Rotella was losing it's ZDDP but that has aparently not happened yet.

also im saying what i did becasue, most of the people that come in are like, oh ill take it to my mechanic for that or this, when its like well take it to them or a oil change then. People are just lazy
but most people on here arent so thats good

acutally jiffy lube is for the lazy *** people who dont want to change their own oil when they can save alot of money or dont have time to do it
It isn't just lazy people. Some people know nothing about cars and are scared to learn while others are just too busy. I came home a couple of nights ago and saw a huge oil slick under my neighbor's Honda. The Chimpy Lube guys forgot to tighten his drain plug. Lucky for him that no damage was done.

I know that, but most people that wok at these places not all like cars and will and should doubble check their work

Jiffy Lube and the like obviously have their place, or they wouldn't be here. They provide a valuable service to many people for various reasons. But working there as a credential for knowledge about oil and lubrication subjects is like saying my cousin Darryl is a culinary expert because he flips burgers at McDonalds.

Unless he really does have an idea about what he is doing...like if he went to school for it...but this is all besides the point

Right. The point is, the HDEOs, even in their current formulation, still have plenty of the stuff to keep our cams happy. Another point is, you should ignore the rumors about this subject which continue to be spread, or at least not continue spreading them if you don't know what you are talking abuot.

SHELL LUBRICANTS says its new motor oil provides 50% more tread wear protection than its previous formula. Shell Rotella T with triple protection has a detergent system designed to control 30% more piston deposits and sludge in engines. The new lubricant is designed to protect the particulate filters in a diesel engine against the buildup of harmful deposits and lower the ash count in the oil, creating a cleaner engine and lowering overall maintenance costs.

According to the company, Shell Rotella T also helps prevent a loss of oil thickness caused by regular wear on the engine and maintains a consistent thickness throughout the maintenance interval.

The American Petroleum Institute introduced a new diesel motor oil category, API CJ-4, which features stricter regulations on engine oil. All motor oil used in 2007 on-highway diesel engines must meet these specifications. The Shell Rotella T with triple protection is one of the first motor oils on the market to meet these requirements. It can be used in pre-2007 diesel engines and is compatible with other engine oils.

What does this mean?

OK, So What Is The But Deal With Zinc Thing?

IM me because I am lost, Sorry...

ya I am as also
Im going to use Rottela T for Break in
Then Kendal For the first 500 miles then I wanted to go to Valvoline Vr1, but i heard that its not what it use to be, so can some one reccomend a 10w30 or 40 oil i can use in my motor when its ready to go

-
Back