1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
Nhra said i have to have roll cage padding so there ya go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 389
The theottle had alot of throw in it. The stock pedal, when it was floored only got me about 3/4 throttle. So i bent the hell out of it and got full throttle out of it.

But while working on the seat i would keep pressing the pedals to make sure i could floor them both if i had to. N i realised i had bent it up so high it was super unconfortable to hold my foot on it. It sat even higher than the brake pedal lol.

So lokar makes a direct replacement to work with my lokar throttle cable. Out with the old pedal and in with the new one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 370
Got a kill switch. Had to get a push pull style. Was not a fan of the turn kind bc there is no way I'm putting it in the bumper, tail light, or trunk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 337
Matching gas and brake pedal set

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 356
I laughed about how everything on this car is so small. The bar jegs gives you is so long n all I needed was 5 inches. I instilled the front hole so I could make it semi waterproof. Only have to add the alternator lead to the battery and we should b good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 369
Look at the license plate.

Attachments

• 20150430_150928.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 389
Look at the license plate.

1) same year amd color as mine thats sooo bad ***, glad to see there are more out there! From what i know purple never came on a dart until 1970

2) im also from ny so i know how hard it is to save a car like that from the salt and the rough winters, extra credit!

3) the picture is kind of grany but is that switch going through the listence plate? Hahaha im not sure how leagel that is but still a creative place to put it

4) im planning on using the gap just above the listence plate for the parachute teather mount

1) same year amd color as mine thats sooo bad ***, glad to see there are more out there! From what i know purple never came on a dart until 1970

2) im also from ny so i know how hard it is to save a car like that from the salt and the rough winters, extra credit!

3) the picture is kind of grany but is that switch going through the listence plate? Hahaha im not sure how leagel that is but still a creative place to put it

4) im planning on using the gap just above the listence plate for the parachute teather mount

not sure when the color came out. Mine was a forest green color originally.

Best bet is to buy the cars from down south or out west.

The switch goes right through the plate. Through the state of NY emblem, lol. Never been bothered as it doesn't obstruct the view I was told. It's a flaming river switch.

Parachute...damn how fast is this thing going to be?

not sure when the color came out. Mine was a forest green color originally.

Best bet is to buy the cars from down south or out west.

The switch goes right through the plate. Through the state of NY emblem, lol. Never been bothered as it doesn't obstruct the view I was told. It's a flaming river switch.

Parachute...damn how fast is this thing going to be?

I have no idea. I had the engine dyno-ed it came out to something like 778hp 690tq. The car originally was some where around 3500-3800 lbs.

I cut the car up so its probably a lot lighter and then I added a nitrous fogger to the supercharger. A 250 shot if I remember right.

So when I put those numbers in a drag race calculator it comes out with numbers in the low 8,s for the quarter mile. In the 150,s for mph. I'm building the car as if it will be that fast.

Installed the painless alternator shutdown relay. These things r beasts, they better not fail n not let me not start the car.

I think ill button up the inside n finnish the carpet and the interror

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 317
Got a body plug set but it was missing the ones for the trans hole, tortion rod holes, and the large drain holes in the back seat.

Sssooooo i have to cut them out of my sheet steel, uugh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 271
O yea forgot to mention, as you can see on my writing on the steel, glove box?!

Im boxing up the pedistal that the shifter sits on to make a glove box to keep the regerstration, car charger, sunglasses, etc...:glasses7::D

Ditched the old headers i had, soldthem to a fellow abody guy! I hate throwing parts away, love seeing them go to a good home.

But they were old n i could afford new ones so it happend!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 257
This side gave me as much trouble going in as the last one did, damn roll cage was in the way and so was the shock tower, but a little motovation from a crowbar fixed everything.

But it does hurt to scratch brandnew paint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 260
Tada! all of my made body plugs installed.came out ok i think. The true test will be when i give it her first bath n find water in the carpet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 219
Got the last piece of the interror, the parachute handle installed. Damn orange paint wont stay on but o well.

On the plus side the shifter pedistal globe box idea worked out awesome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 231
New 22"x5" front runners, if these dont clear the headers, welll, then it is what it is.

On the other hand i dont thing we will have a problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 216
Got the carpet in the mail. So im off to the races with it. Got just a genaric flat carpet to make it around the back half and the roll cage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 175
Well this is going to take a while.

The carpet is not plyable enought to make it around all the hard corners. So im making templates and then cutting the shapes out. Hopefully i can blend the edges togeather to still make it look like one piece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 221
Well this is going to take a while.

The carpet is not plyable enought to make it around all the hard corners. So im making templates and then cutting the shapes out. Hopefully i can blend the edges togeather to still make it look like one piece.

good luck on the carpet. I bought supposedly fitted carpet for my 68 fish, it had to be messaged a bunch too.

Looking good! Hope to see it out this year

Me too man. I'll be out of town in apr till about July I think. I would like to get it to the paint body shop before I leave and have it done by the time I get back.

It would be awesome parking next to your beast.

Me too man. I'll be out of town in apr till about July I think. I would like to get it to the paint body shop before I leave and have it done by the time I get back.

It would be awesome parking next to your beast.

Mine will be like a kitten next to yours!

Hahaha my gerage is a mess this carpet is like making a puzzle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 133
-
Back