1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
These are kinda dark pictures but, carpet is like 90% in. Hace a little more cutting to do.

Worst part of all of this is the matt they glue on the back. Its almost impossible to cut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 224
Another crappy picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 232
Carpet is finially done. Cutting around the roll cage was less of a pain then i thought.

I wouldi just cut x's to as close to the cage as i could n then messaged it from there.

But by far the worst of it was trying to cut that damn backing, uugghhhh

On the plus side it came out ok and i LOVE those floor mats

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 216
Here is how the back turned out. Again not too bad.

Im glad i did not paint the cage black, i think it sets it off nicely being purple. And it doesent look like a tuner! Bbaarrfff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 205
Driver seat with seat belt installed for the last time. ( fingers crossed )

One thing that did pisss me of is the racequip harness as a dam tag on it saying its not for street use! Wtf is up with that? It will save my life at a 200+ MPH accedent but wont protect me with a fenderbender against a rouge pizza man on main street? Gerrrrrrrrr effin A cotton! Effinnn Aaaaaa!

And being a pilot i like having emergencey equipment staning out so the parachute hande is orange

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 203
:finga:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 191
Got the wheelie bars all welded up. Kinda jacked it up with cutting the tubes to fit togeather. So there was a few spots I had to fill in as best I could. The kit feels cheap. Even with the x brace in they still flex a little, but idk mabye they r supposed to.

I have to wheel the car out of the gerage to line them up with the ground just right. Then I have to invent some way to hold them to the bumper when I'm not racing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 188
Trying to upload a bigger pic but this thread is not working with my phone:banghead::blob::banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 184
Time to start on the parachute, i dont have a rear cross member so there is nothing to weld it to. So im makeing the rear valence pannel and beefing it up with 1/4 steel plates.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 195
Drilled a hole the the steel and now have to do it again to the sister piece thats going ontop of it. But first ill drill the pilot hole in the sister piece and line it up and the valence to drill clear through and make sure its straight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 160
The gap thats in the bumper bisects the trunk floor. I need the weld the tube just lower than that so a hole in the pumper must be made.

A cardboard bumper will work as a template for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 183
Got the hole drilled in the valence pannel. And the tube stuck through. Now i have to weld the two plates in the vice togeather and i can put it on the back of the car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 167
Love that monster vice, holds everything. Now that the tuen was in the car i cut to make the template fit and and trandsfered it to the real bumper and i can cut it out.

Making sure i 6x check that the holes i drilled are in the center of the car and the chute will not pull the car one way or another!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 149
Since my little welder is not strong enought to get through that thick thick steel i got some welding sticks from northern tool to go beast mode on this stuff.

Its brass or bronze i think, ive never oxy acetlyene welded befors so well see how this goes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 167
Uuuuuugh i suck at this, and its taking forever, but i will say i love the gold welds looks awesome.

On the plusside im going to wel it within a inch of its life so if a few are shitty the other good ones will make up for it.

:happy1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 167
All boxed up ready to in the car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 150
Installed, n welded up. I bet i could make it a trailer hitch for dragweek too this thing is so strong

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 159
Out back i got the triangulated braces put in, and the anchor put on all painted up too.

Such a pain in the *** to get all those bars to fit in the gap of the bumper, so i dont loose too much of the listence plate. Only had to trim it a little bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 162
Out back i got the triangulated braces put in, and the anchor put on all painted up too.

Such a pain in the *** to get all those bars to fit in the gap of the bumper, so i dont loose too much of the listence plate. Only had to trim it a little bit.

Forgot to attach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 186
By far the worst part was measuring the height and position, of the tab the chute goes on. Too tall u cant take the bumper off, too short theres no way to put the pin in. Also too far back and you cant open the trunk or pull the chute off because it will b under the spoiler.

But i thought it all through n nailed it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 157
Since it was so nice i pulled the car out a little to give me room to weld the wheelie bars on and the garbage man drove by, stopped, backed up and got out of the truck to talk to me about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 170
Got the bars all welded up as best i could. Painted them a aluminum color to keep the rust away. The reviews on these bars i think are on point, they are welded right and there is still some flex to them. I dont know if its sopposed to be like that or not? I figured they had to be super stiff, i have seen people jack up the car using the wheelie bars, and ive seen some that flex when the car launches too hard and they flex back.

Any one else make a set and can tell me the difference?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 145
I have both of the mounts welded to the diff. Went smoother than i thought

Attachments

• image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 119
This was the roughest part for sure. The mounts have round cutouts but the diff plate is square, i have some left over 1/4 steel that was left over from the chute build. I cut them to fill the gaps and then welded them up, kinda hard to see but it is pretty strong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 116
-
Back