1972 Demon Build

-
And it's in. Now for some plumbing, wiring, headers.....closer.

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

Further along. Headers installed. Needs wired. Power steering pump installed. Radiator in. Fitting it for wheels and tires.

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

Running on its own. Power steering pump leaks. Gas gauge not registering. All new components in tank. Will have to check wires and then gauge. Not sure I have another pump...Hot rod life.

On the gas gauge....make sure they put the metal clip across the piece of rubber hose that connects the sending unit to the metal line running to the front of the car. If that's missing or left off, sometimes the sending unit can't tell the gauge what to do because the sending unit isn't getting a good ground. In the past, when I didn't have the bridge clip....I used a piece of copper wire and 2 little hose clamps! :eek:

I will have Mike look at it. The cluster was a replacement on the one that was in the car. The one it came with was trashed. But it will need to work...thing is going to get about 10mpg....lol

Wire wheel, air, and lacquer thinner. At the end when finally clean he hit it with starter fluid that helps prep for paint. I have a bunch of transmissions that I picked up and some more motors I need torn down so he is helping me there.

This is where he started....way off in the distance is the 400 torn down with virgin cylinders. 1972 date code to go in the Swinger.

IMG_0996.JPG

Shifter completely installed. Steering wheel is next. Needs a driveshaft cut. Full exhaust.....and a pile of other ****.

IMG_1004.JPG

Ok. First set back on the Demon. Seems as though the power steering gearbox wants to leak like a sieve.....after everything is neatly in place. Well that will need to go off for a rebuild. Exhaust getting bent to flowmaster 40s soon. Still an issue with gas gauge working off and on. Grrrrrr

IMG_1096.JPG

My son made his way to the shop today and knocked out a ton of stuff for me which is awesome. I have way too many parts and my not being home has created some clutter. He was able to get some stuff cleaned up, painted, and labeled for the swap meet at Mopars at the Rock.

IMG_1142.JPG

Oh and while it was a pain in the ***, replaced the power steering gearbox on the car. Headed out for front end alignment, exhaust, rim measurements, and then.......some paint!

Funny, I just read where I considered selling this thing.....today it drove itself on the trailer for a front end alignment!

Car is officially in the paint booth to get final prep for paint. Fuel gauge working and moving towards being a done car. New steering wheel going on. Grill moving into place will add some color to the car for sure. Power steering gear box repaired and car is doing its thing under the hood.

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

Car is officially in the paint booth to get final prep for paint. Fuel gauge working and moving towards being a done car. New steering wheel going on. Grill moving into place will add some color to the car for sure. Power steering gear box repaired and car is doing its thing under the hood.

View attachment 1715029390

View attachment 1715029391

View attachment 1715029392

View attachment 1715029394
That's going to be sharp. You better make this one official Mopar of the Mrs....

Last edited:
Well that is only possible if I can pry the Swinger out from under her! The fact that I have told her ten different times to photo it, video it, and advertise it.....and that has not happened worries me!

Should see some color next week. Wife and son had fun at the car show and swap meet yesterday. Sold enough stuff to cover entry fees and a BB 727 core I needed to put behind a stock 440 that is about to go together. Will need rims and tires and a full exhaust after....

-
Back