371 build W/Big Mouth heads

-
Found my first flow test of the BM's OOTB with no "help". The labelling is backwards and I'm not the best at online charts this early in the morning. J.Rob

ChartGo.JPG

Found my first flow test of the BM's OOTB with no "help". The labelling is backwards and I'm not the best at online charts this early in the morning. J.Rob

View attachment 1715028909

decent 'ported factory iron head' numbers, till .400, then its like factory ported numbers again....lol ....
If you don't lift the valve .680-.700 .....these aren't the heads for you....these heads are over priced factory aluminum.
The exhaust port ...now that shows you they're just going for max and no balance...wtf.
New guess, 532 hp
Disappointed.

So with your discovery of the port design........still planning on using the EM cam??????

Crank and cam are in the block and I received the rings on Friday. Hopefully be ready to run in another 2 weeks or so. J.Rob

Heck yea! A 371 is just a little larger than most .030-360 engines. (365 cid)
Similar results could be obtained at home.

Jesse, what is going on? I know, I know. You have lots of other things to do.

Jesse, what is going on? I know, I know. You have lots of other things to do.

I managed to get a lot done on it this week :rolleyes: (sarcasm). I was able to get a coat of paint on the block and that's about it. J.Rob

RAMM, what is your opinion on these big mouth heads if you were to port them from scratch instead of Hughes?
With the relocated pushrods, Is the cross section enlarged enough to gain flow over standard location?
My eddies currently flow [email protected]

-
Back