408 results

-
Definitely would like to see build details also.
Should be doing a very close build within the next year or so?

I've never run those drag radials; (on the street) do they get sticky if you heat them up or not really?
Cheers
They will get WAY more sticky than the best normal tire! The amount of “Sticking” to the pavement is of course not as good as a track. Nothing is really. Unless it is a regularly used back street. But even then, the actual surface material is also a issue.
(Unless concrete)
I have those flame tread Mickey’s. They do get warm, gummy & sticky.
You tube search!!!! Lol

Picked it up today :thumbsup:
Bore - 4.03
Stroke - 4.00
Dome relief - 13cc
Head - 62cc
Gasket - 8.9cc
Deck - 0.005
The Scat kit is cast crank, I-beam rods, Icon forged pistons.
Block was line bored and squared.
The shop tool printout I'm looking at says CR of 10.84.
Cheers

I pulled my motor out this morning to do the exact same build. Are you running flat top pistons and if so do you know the thickness on your head gasket?

Last edited:
Yeah... pretty sure traction is going to be a problem. Good news is nobody will see me lose through all the smoke! haha Who doesn't love a good heater?!
I don't want to cut anything so I have a feeling a 245 ish tire is all that's gonna fit under there. I've never run those drag radials; (on the street) do they get sticky if you heat them up or not really?
Cheers
Definitely. Their stickier to begin with and when you heat them up (doesn't take a big burnout) they get better. The street is always a challenge though. So much better at a decent track

I broke the 3:55's and have had 3:23's in it for the last couple yrs. Since me and the mrs. do a lot of cruising I think I'll stay with the 3:23's. The 408 is so torquey it didn't really lose very much going to the 3:23's. BTW: I now have MT 275/60/15 drag radials on it and even with 3:23's have major traction issues on the street. 1/4 pedal will break them loose. It hooks fine at the track though

I have to admit, you had raised my expectations pretty high before I installed my 408. I thought I was gonna have a hard time keeping the car from spinning the tires all the time. So much in fact that I spent the first couple of months trying to figure out what is wrong with my car?!? I even took my car to a dyno to make sure that I hadn't done something to the engine during installation.

With 3.54 gears and 325/50 drag radials, I can mat the gas pedal and it will spin through first and halfway through second, and that's only if I'm TRYING to make them spin. From a rolling start, I can mash it and it hooks. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that if you run a big tire, you'll have no problem with traction.

I have to admit, you had raised my expectations pretty high before I installed my 408. I thought I was gonna have a hard time keeping the car from spinning the tires all the time. So much in fact that I spent the first couple of months trying to figure out what is wrong with my car?!? I even took my car to a dyno to make sure that I hadn't done something to the engine during installation.

With 3.54 gears and 325/50 drag radials, I can mat the gas pedal and it will spin through first and halfway through second, and that's only if I'm TRYING to make them spin. From a rolling start, I can mash it and it hooks. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that if you run a big tire, you'll have no problem with traction.
Sounds like you lucked out. Sometimes you just get lucky too and get one that hooks good no matter what. I just bought a spring relocation kit to move them in so I can put more tire under mine. Hopefully that'll help mine. BTW: what does your converter stall to?

Yeah, dumb luck I guess? My converter was built by Kris at Continental Converters and flashes to 3500.

Yeah, dumb luck I guess? My converter was built by Kris at Continental Converters and flashes to 3500.
Ok. Mine flashes to 4100. I ordered 3600-3800 but either they (PTC) missed the mark or my engine is torquier than expected. Never been on a dyno

-
Back