flex fan

-
You need a single-pickup distributor with a vacuum advance. Not a dual-pickup distributor (with or without vacuum advance).

It will fit, but the dual-pickup distributors are for the Lean Burn setup, with timing controlled (badly) by a primitive computer your vehicle doesn't have. Most people with Lean Burn who want their cars to run well ditch the Lean Burn and install (wait for it) a single-pickup distributor with vacuum advance.

It will fit, but the dual-pickup distributors are for the Lean Burn setup, with timing controlled (badly) by a primitive computer your vehicle doesn't have. Most people with Lean Burn who want their cars to run well ditch the Lean Burn and install (wait for it) a single-pickup distributor with vacuum advance.
my car did not come with lean burn system on it .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get your confusion about ignition systems solved by starting a new thread (this one is about fans). Make sure you state the year and model of vehicle.

See here and here (on that page you can read up on the Toyota Land Cruiser fan and clutch — then go pounce on this ridiculously inexpensive one)
i just got that fan clutch in today , it really doesn't
The linked one was from an '88 Toyota Land Cruiser with the 4.0 engine. Should be '80-'89 Land Cruiser.
i just got that fan clutch in and is too tall will rub on rad . are you sure of the application
and the bolt holes dont line up ether , did you run this on your car and how much space do you have from water pump to rad core

I ran the setup described in the second "here" link you quoted in my '73 Dart for awhile. Didn't measure.

I ran the setup described in the second "here" link you quoted in my '73 Dart for awhile. Didn't measure.
you must have used another model that the one on ebay , because it wont work , way too big
and there is no , i saw hayden has a low profile fan clutch , im not sure that would work .
im going to run a flex fan , and next year when i put a/c on the car i will try to see if the diplomat rad fits easy enough. they way its made is flatter than the belve ,or i could have the belve reconfigured to fit.
too many irons in the fire right now, im getting the car finished and done then fixing what i dont like

-
Back