Project Riddler's Ride - 1976 Plymouth Duster

-
hey I thought you were going with an automatic so your wife could drive it ??

Well it's been a while, for a few reasons. Saving money to buy
parts, renovations on the house (new office) and an active 6 month old baby boy. :) I've recieved my 8073 Quicktime bellhousing a few weeks back.

IMG_0711.jpg

The bellhousing did not come with instructions, lucky for my I've located some info about replacing the cheap bolts from quicktime with Grade 8 bolts. I bolted on the bellhousing to the trans.
IMG_0824.jpg

As you can see only seven bolts are required as this one bolt near the starter opening doesn't line up.
IMG_0825.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of the bolts. Silver are cheap grade 5 and the gold are grade 8.
IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Then since I had the Hurst Billet Pro shifter I bolted that as well.
IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

Well hopefully next time I'll have the mock up 5.7 block and T56 in the car and working on getting the floor finished.

Riddler

Here's a huge update. I've done little things here and there but this is a large update.

The best to install a motor in an A body is to drop the car on top of it.
DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

Proud it's finally going into the car.
DSC_0447.jpg

Engine and trans is in and bolted down.
DSC_0448.jpg

Rack is close to the oil pan but it fits.
DSC_0452.jpg

Then it was time to put the suspension back on.
DSC_0453.jpg

Finally in and suspension on.
DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

Then it was time to put it back on the ground.
DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

Finally it was time to put the hood back on...
DSC_0468.jpg

Here's the only trouble I had with it all. The reverse lockout on the transmission was hitting the floor. Had to cut it out and will prolly have to make a small piece and weld it back in.
DSC_0450.jpg

Riddler

Everything looks great, that's a lot of progress.....I hope you were quiet and didn't wake the new Baby girl.

Looks good, bet it's nice to have the car on its wheels! Congrats on the baby girls arrival!!!

Congrats on the new baby girl Joe :D.Also great to see progress with your build...most of the hard work is paying off.:burnout:

Thanks Scott. I've been making everything into small jobs that make it look like big jobs. I'm dreading the next few parts. Re-wiring the car and sound deadener...

Riddler

I've been wiring for almost 2 months.....granted I'm not devoting 100% of my time towards it and it's not the most exciting thing to do....I assume you have a plan of attack with the Gen III.......good luck.

I'm working with a company that does mostly GM stuff to bring another option for hemi gen 3 swaps. They seem to want to use HP Tuners so we'll see how that goes. Chassis harness I'm thinking Rob Francis....

Riddler

So how do the fuel tube hook up? Have any pics of how the tube connects to the newer gas cap?

So how do the fuel tube hook up? Have any pics of how the tube connects to the newer gas cap?

The fuel tube is from a newer challenger as well. So it was meant to connect to the new fuel door. I can take a picture if you still want to see it..

Riddler

Found some time the last couple of days... not much but I made due.

I finally got the AC and heater box cleaned up mounted and the hoses run for the heater lines.

DSC_0001~0.jpg

Hoses installed. Just need a pair of claims and another 90* fitting from summit.
DSC_0005~1.jpg

Then I got busy with some sound deadener from Second Skin. This stuff is amazing. It's flat black aluminum with butyl rubber. Rolls down easy and stays stuck really well.
DSC_0002~0.jpg

Never mind the gas pedal mount.
DSC_0003~1.jpg

Half of the ceiling done. Will finish it up next time I'm in the car.
DSC_0004~1.jpg

Front floors done.
DSC_0006~0.jpg

Starting to look a lot better. Now if I could find more time and money.
DSC_0007~1.jpg

Riddler

Good choice on the sound deadener. So nice to see someone building a hot rod who isn't using "peal and seal" from Home Depot or that worthless shiny padded crap I see a lot of non-audio guys using who *think* it is sound deadener. Always cracks me up to see guys spend 100's of hours and 10's of thousands of dollars only to skimp on the stereo and the wiring. Glad you aren't doing that.

Jay

Good choice on the sound deadener. So nice to see someone building a hot rod who isn't using "peal and seal" from Home Depot or that worthless shiny padded crap I see a lot of non-audio guys using who *think* it is sound deadener. Always cracks me up to see guys spend 100's of hours and 10's of thousands of dollars only to skimp on the stereo and the wiring. Glad you aren't doing that.

Jay

Nope I knew from the start I wanted to do it the right way. I just wish it wasn't $130 a box for the B stock.....

Riddler

-
Back