speedo question

-
Let me go look. It will need a new o ring and seal in the spedo side nap has them usually under $5

This is what I have but the gear is a 31.
DSC00884.JPG
DSC00885.JPG

You need to change the adapter to the one in #55. Then you can use a cable for a '66.

Will let you know Friday I found a 77 aspen cable that orileys says is the one but I won't know till it comes in . I am not holding my breath tho
A 77 cable wont work at 65 speedometer. I'm almost certain the collector nut at trans end got a bit larger at 75 or 76 too.
That red painted gear plug screamed very early to me. I'm not sure what year they stopped painting transmissions but I know it was waaaaay back.

That's a late model plastic housing of all things! LOL wonder how that got there?

My question has nothing to do with the original post
, but it is about speedometer.

I have a 65 Dodge GT convertible that came with a slant 6 and automatic. I swapped out for a V8 and 4 speed from a 65 Barracuda. Also, when I bought the car it had Michelle 205/70 R14.

My question is what gear do I need in the transmission so the speedometer reads correctly.

You need the tire dia and the rear end gear ratio and then just use the charts to figure out how many tooth gear you need.
speedochart.jpg

I have a 64 dart and `76 833od trans, it looks like you have the wrong piece in the trans.

See this thread for the speedo cable you need...

LOLROFL! In other words, Rick thinks you should give him $110 for a perfectly stock '66-'67 speedometer cable. Those have the late-type transmission end (started in '66) and the early-type speedometer end (ended after '67), and they're readily available for less than twelve dollars, or roughly 1/10 the Layson price.

-
Back