speedo question

-
Thanks Redfish I was not sure of the year break.

Can you take a pic of the spedo back and the trans spedo pinion with the cable off?

Finally got it out this is what the end looks like
IMAG0317.jpg

Do I have a question just for learning sake. What all would you have to do to switch over to the old style or vice versa.

Any on know if a spedo unit from lets say 727 work in a 833?

The one with the kink looks like the spedo end the other end looks weird to me but I am lost on the 833 never had one. is there a gear on there behind the housing with the hold down that was mis aligned?

The kink side did go to the gauges. On the other side of the speedo housing it has the little plastic pinion

I think that there should be a threaded collar on the trans end of that cable to screw it onto the trans if it were an automatic. I'm not sure about manual trans, none of my cars are manual...

What was holding it in the trans so it didn't come out before???

Got me intrigued. That was under the housing? If so never saw anything like that but then again I am a 727 guy. Wonder if one from a auto would fit in there.

does that gear slip out of it if so post a pic of it out. Have a idea.

The red peace is the part you can see from the out side of the trans and the green part was clipped to it

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

I have never seen that before. I have a green gear and housing that would probably work it has the what I would call normal screw on end. We need a 833 guy, really do not know of one.

Found out what it is. Mid 1980s truck . I sent a picture to passion performance and they just told me

Want what you need? I am pretty sure I have it all. (for the trans not the cable)

-
Back