Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning. No power here. Series of strong storms last night spawned some pretty good sized tornadoes to our north and our south and east and west of us. We got spared this time.

A few deaths and scores of injured in a town a couple hours north of us where a larger twister took a Taco Bell to its foundation.

It's Fairlane Friday!

fairlanefridayII.jpg

Good morning :D

Well, the Hemi is running...................still have a rocker clearance issue with the stock Hemi valve covers. With the aluminum heads and new rocker system, driver's side still hits even after all the "massaging". Have to get measurements for the driveshaft and complete the front end and should be wrapped up...................

Well, the Hemi is running...................still have a rocker clearance issue with the stock Hemi valve covers. With the aluminum heads and new rocker system, driver's side still hits even after all the "massaging". Have to get measurements for the driveshaft and complete the front end and should be wrapped up...................

cool, now come and finish my car :)

It is between them and Indy, but with Indy I think I have to get the extended spark plug tubes.................waiting for them to open to talk with them again before I order.

I am leaning towards the Ray Barton racing covers......................what's another 1K. :BangHead:

or just massage em more which would be more in line with the nostalgia thing.... the trick used to be using a trailer hitch ball and a torch, heat up the cover and press in the ball to make a nice indent for space :) Not sure if ray barton was around in when that car was raced were they?

Don't think indy fits the time frame of the car either.... really giving up on the old school thing? making me sad :)

or just massage em more which would be more in line with the nostalgia thing.... the trick used to be using a trailer hitch ball and a torch, heat up the cover and press in the ball to make a nice indent for space :) Not sure if ray barton was around in when that car was raced were they?
We have already done that and stretched the metal as far as it will go.................I have 2 options, spacers or different covers. I can get the Ray Barton plain without his script. I have spent so much money making this right I don't want to do spacers. My thinking is that is not the correct fix even though the valve covers won't be period correct.

We have already done that and stretched the metal as far as it will go.................I have 2 options, spacers or different covers. I can get the Ray Barton plain without his script. I have spent so much money making this right I don't want to do spacers. My thinking is that is not the correct fix even though the valve covers won't be period correct.

i'm just fuckin with ya... do as ya like.. no one will even notice. :)

Like in the old day weld say a box where needed? just an idea.. How much do you need?

Trying not to.......................I definitely don't like the look of the Indy.

After what indy did to a guy on the b-body forum i would never give them a penny... (30k into a motor... indy didn't balance it and shipped it to him.. had to send it back and pay for dynotime/shipping and **** for their **** up.. that is not a good company)

After what indy did to a guy on the b-body forum i would never give them a penny... (30k into a motor... indy didn't balance it and shipped it to him.. had to send it back and pay for dynotime/shipping and **** for their **** up.. that is not a good company)
How long ago..................They have new owners.

-
Back