Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Maannnnnnn I got some bad news this morning. Got to work and got a message from my wife, her grandfather passed away suddenly last night. a little after midnight. Old farmer, funny, just a great guy. Its actually her step grandfather but both her biological grandparents passed before she was born so its the only set of grandparents she had. Wife is taking it well thus var but i think that's gonna change. Shes the type to hide her emotions for as long as possible. It then hits it hard whenever it does.
So sorry to hear that, Chris. Was it completely out of the blue?

edit: nevermind. It was in the next post ... :rolleyes:

Saw it in the next post. Sry.
It's fine. I feel bad for my wife. On top of this sudden death, her beloved pet cat will have to be put down this evening, if he's still alive when i get home.

It's fine. I feel bad for my wife. On top of this sudden death, her beloved pet cat will have to be put down this evening, if he's still alive when i get home.
Geez. When it rains it pours, huh?

I had a buyer for an old iPhone here just now. Turns out he's one of the refugees a few miles away who I'm fixing up bicycles for so I ended up giving the phone to him. Good deed of the day.

Coroner says massive heart attack. Found sitting in his recliner shortly before Midnight last night.

You all aint gonna believe it, hell, Im finding it hard to believe. My mom just called me, my great grandmother just had a heart attack and is now stable in a hospital hooked to a machine. So many clots that they cant do stents so its only a matter of time.

Beginning to wonder what me/the family did to piss off Ma Karma.

You all aint gonna believe it, hell, Im finding it hard to believe. My mom just called me, my great grandmother just had a heart attack and is now stable in a hospital hooked to a machine. So many clots that they cant do stents so its only a matter of time.

Damn!

More importantly, why is he sitting in Macy's Dress....:lol:

Wow. Better start being nice to Scampy.

Does

This dress make my butt look big? No, your nig *** makes it look big!
I once pissed my wife off, she asked that question and I said, no, but it makes your boobs look bigger....... :lol:

Dang Duke, you must have pissed someone off, that sucks.

The family has asked that we each tell a story that we recall about my wife's grandfather. So in fitting fashion to his out going personality, I figure I'd share this one to you all as well.

Being in a small farming county, everyone knows everybody. Well I was about 7-8 years old. Used to play with the kids and such. Well one of them was grandson,ty, of my now wife's step grandfather (this was a few years before my now wife's mom would remarry into that family). Anyway, one summer I was attending the local country church's vacation bible school. The church property had a small pond on it. Well me and my friends find a piece of fishing line with a hook, get a stick and make a pole. Being in July and a drought, we couldn't find any bait, so we used a piece or chewed bubble gum. Sure enough, we pulled a small mouth bass out of the pond, wasn't the biggest but big enough. Not knowing what to do with it, and it flopping around , me and ty climbed up the old metal slide and held it up there while we tried to figure out what to do. Well here came Ty's grandfather to bail us out. He climbed up there and while trying to take the fish from us, all three of us went sliding down the slide by accident, landing in a big pile at the bottom. Somehow, the fish had slipped the hook in the ride and ended up on top of Ty's head. I'd never seen anyone laugh as hard as his grandfather did at that moment.

Probably an anticlimactic story to you all but I find it hilarious

-
Back