Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
TINFOIL.jpg

things like that really make me rethink my desire to take Amtrak through Donner Pass and go east for Lord knows how far
Got stuck on Amtrak last winter 1 mile from my destination for 5 hours and most of the down time the power was off. 20 below outside so no chance of walking. I'll drive myself next time.

How's Canadian Pacific?
Heck are they even still running passenger?
My neighbor took them back from Vancouver an dhad nothing but good things to say.
but that was around 1975

How's Canadian Pacific?
Heck are they even still running passenger?
My neighbor took them back from Vancouver an dhad nothing but good things to say.
but that was around 1975
I think things went down hill in the last 10 years with train travel. I been riding Amtrack for the last 22 years at least once a year and the train cars are old and dirty as far as I'm concerned.

Morning coffee is on. Slept about four hours total Thursday and Friday night. After we came in yesterday after three weeks got the house opened, unpacked, had dinner, and a couple sleep aide toddies I hit it early. I feel like a new person this morning!!
We were going to friends for the Chief's game today, now the friends are coming to our house. No big deal chili is the theme meal, so everyone brings a dish and one gal makes a gobbler with ice cream. Just two other couples best of friends and always a great time.

Overall did you have a good vacation?
We did three weeks with good friends. We'd gone places for a couple days with them before and wondered what three weeks would be like. They left the sites to see up to us since we'd been there done that before and it all worked out. My buddy Tim plays good golf, so we played several times at the military courses, and didn't pay the usual resort prices. Had a great time and they we were talking the last day what the next trip will be.

Morning Fred thanks. Has your sister made it yet??
Picking her up at the train station at 9 am.
looks like we will be above freezing during the day for a week. I was concerned it would be way below 0 and she would not want to stay long.

-
Back