**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Louis I really like how your lower bar is parallel to the ground now. What kind of instant center length, height and antisquat are you looking at? Is the setup similar with a parallel link setup? I have already forgotten what my dart setup numbers are. I do know the car squats and goes.

Well everything is based off of a Parallel 4 Link set up, it will adjust just like one. As far as Instant Center right now it is about 12" behind the front tire and 6" off the ground. There is plenty of adjustment to put it just about anywhere. As you move the Instant Center the Anti Squat changes also. I have not yet calculated it. I did find a calculator for anti squat, I just need to find the time to input all the numbers into the program.

Well everything is based off of a Parallel 4 Link set up, it will adjust just like one. As far as Instant Center right now it is about 12" behind the front tire and 6" off the ground. There is plenty of adjustment to put it just about anywhere. As you move the Instant Center the Anti Squat changes also. I have not yet calculated it. I did find a calculator for anti squat, I just need to find the time to input all the numbers into the program.

I hear ya brutha', time is one thing that I wish I had more of. I can't wait to see this thing on the ground.

Small progress. I got all of the link & shock brackets done and welded off under the car "rear portion". I have been slowly Tig Welding off the housing. There is a lot of welding to do on it. That dang tig welder gets things way HOT compared to a wire feed. I am still amazed at how hot it gets.

Very nice. Good looking welds Louis.

Thanks John.

I did get everything on the housing welded off except the housing ends. I tacked the housing ends on and then welded everything else off. I am sure the housing moved a little cause I can see movement on the housing jig. Not much though. I will cut the housing ends loose just to make sure everything is straight before I go ahead and re tack them and weld them off. There are only 4 Tack welds on each of them so they will come loose with a small cut off wheel in a few minutes.

I finally finished up the Tig welding on the housing. Man there seems like a mile of it. I used 3/32 Rod on most of it. I did get the housing ends in 1 Pass, there is alot there to weld. The metal there at the housing ends is probably 3/4" Thick and the axle tube is an easy 3/8 Thick, alot of Heat is all I can say.

I have my axle order form filled out and will be placing the order this week. I am going with Strange Pro Race HyTuf 35 Spline axles. Part #P1007, I will order straight from Strange though, unless I get a better break on shipping with Summit. Price is just about the same.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STR-P1007/?rtype=10

View attachment phpgb7bsEPM.jpg

View attachment php5bJy0HPM.jpg

View attachment phpWYjuvsPM.jpg

View attachment phpStWtgLPM.jpg

View attachment phpwmwmR9PM.jpg

View attachment phpZD67LiPM.jpg

View attachment phpct9tamPM.jpg

View attachment phpa1QpPGPM.jpg

View attachment phpcL9x9kPM.jpg

View attachment phpTYRt7aPM.jpg

Here is 1 of your turbos on a stock sbf. Tick past 500hp! Not to shabby eh?

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481647

Yes and almost 600 Ft Lbs with No intercooler on E85 all before 5200RPM. Those are some good numbers for 12 PSI and a stock engine that makes about 260 hp before boost.

Hopefully I should hit those numbers at 4PSI. My Engine NA with the Roller Cam should make 500 or so at the Crank before boost, add in drive train loss to the tires and my calculations should be pretty close at 4PSI. We will see but who the heck knows when!! haaaa

Been a long time. I ordered my axle package from Strange this morning. HY Tuff 35 Spline , Sealed Bearings, 1/2x20x3" Studs with the Access Hole.

Rear Housing, Link Bars, K Frame, Lower Control Arms, Upper Control Arms and Strut Bars all will be going to Powder Coat on Tuesday morning. They said 2 Day Lead time.

As far as colors go. I am tossed between a Satin Black for the Rear housing and K Frame. The Link Bars and Control Arms will be Gloss Black along with the Strut Rods.

I was thinking possibly a Silver ish crackle finish like badart has done for all of it?? I don't know yet. I guess I will make my mind up when I drop the stuff off.

It should hopefully be at least a Roller here again in the next week or so.

Good to see you are still working on it! I done gone and divorced mine for a younger one!! LoL.

Good to see you are still working on it! I done gone and divorced mine for a younger one!! LoL.

Yes I seen that. I got total burn out and kind of depressed working on this car so I took a break for awhile. You get to a point where it seems that it will never get done. I still have alot of little things to do before it goes to paint.

I am going to Cut in the Dash around the A Pillar cage bars on Saturday. That too is a PITA

Fuel line provisions, Trans line provisions, Brake line Provisions, Probably going to cut out the well in the trunk and add a 20 Gal Fuel Cell. The pain continues.

1 thing I am not looking forward to is all the trim removal for paint and messing with the window track & Roller hardware, PITA.

Yes I seen that. I got total burn out and kind of depressed working on this car so I took a break for awhile. You get to a point where it seems that it will never get done. I still have alot of little things to do before it goes to paint.

I am going to Cut in the Dash around the A Pillar cage bars on Saturday. That too is a PITA

Fuel line provisions, Trans line provisions, Brake line Provisions, Probably going to cut out the well in the trunk and add a 20 Gal Fuel Cell. The pain continues.

1 thing I am not looking forward to is all the trim removal for paint and messing with the window track & Roller hardware, PITA.

Yeah I know the feeling. That and not enough cash to continue. Another reason I didn't drive it yet. still a lot of little things left to do. Just hope I don't regret it later. I didn't want to leave the Cuda out in the weather since I am using my shop to earn a living now. Leaving them outside sure doesn't do a car much good. Been there done that! The paint and body surely is a pita. Trying to remove and install trim can be tedious without damaging it. Wish you luck on that endeavor!

Welded a few more tubes off in the car today and Drilled & tapped the Housing for the breather & Brake Distribution block then bent the rear housing portion of the brake lines. It is all ready for powder coat on Tuesday. I did not get to take the K Frame out of the car so it will go at a later date to the powder coater.

My nephew came over and wanted me to teach him to weld is what he said anyway. Little did I know he showed up with a Small Cage for his Miata and I ended up installing it for him "didn't teach him jack on welding". That was not his intention, go figure. I did make him prep everything and strip his car down and put it back together though. He is young, no $$ so I hooked him up. It came out nice.

Here is what I got done in my rear end today.

Attachments

• php6vqrqMPM.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 625
  • phpR8iY1VPM.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 627
  • phpzqu97rPM.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 626
  • phpfpYg2tPM.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 650
  • phpDahWiGPM.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 623
Glad to see you back Lou! And doing some nice fab work as usual.

Welded a few more tubes off in the car today and Drilled & tapped the Housing for the breather & Brake Distribution block then bent the rear housing portion of the brake lines. It is all ready for powder coat on Tuesday. I did not get to take the K Frame out of the car so it will go at a later date to the powder coater.

My nephew came over and wanted me to teach him to weld is what he said anyway. Little did I know he showed up with a Small Cage for his Miata and I ended up installing it for him "didn't teach him jack on welding". That was not his intention, go figure. I did make him prep everything and strip his car down and put it back together though. He is young, no $$ so I hooked him up. It came out nice.

Here is what I got done in my rear end today.

i need to do nearly the exact same thing with my brake lines for my new rear end. could you please tell me where you got your bulk head fittings that connect your hard lines to what looks like your going to be running flex lines to the calipers. also your bends look great in the lines. what kind of bender did you use?

SSPX0124.jpg

-
Back