**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
The vent came from Mancini. The bulk head came off my 8.75 housing. The brake bender is a cheapooooo ebay unit., you can see it in one of the pictures, it is the small blue handled tool on the ground. I bought the flaring tools at NAPA. I had a Cheepooo ebay deal but it did not work at all so I threw it in the trash.

The bend around the housing I just used the 3rd member as the JIG and bend it around it by hand.

Hi Louis, hows it going?

Well, been busy with other things. Life takes turns, especially when you have a family and some kids. I should have listened to you the first time we talked turbo's on Grand. I wish you would have Smacked some sense into me!! :D This project is taking forever it seems. Then I read other guys projects that take 5-10 years and I don't feel so bad. I think I am at the place where I hit a wall and once I bust through it there should be some real progress made.

Oh come on now !!!!!!!! It does not look like allot is getting done. But if you stand back and look at it... Your coming rite along.... :)
Looks Great ....:eek:)

Well, been busy with other things. Life takes turns, especially when you have a family and some kids. I should have listened to you the first time we talked turbo's on Grand. I wish you would have Smacked some sense into me!! :D This project is taking forever it seems. Then I read other guys projects that take 5-10 years and I don't feel so bad. I think I am at the place where I hit a wall and once I bust through it there should be some real progress made.

I hear ya, with a 1 year old at home a wife thats 5 months pregnant, both of us working full time and me working a second job, time is a little limited. :violent1: I tried to smack some sense into you, I told you to put a big juice kit on it set on kill and have fun, oh wait thats not right I told you to turbo it. :sign6: At least I told you that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It will be worth it in the end. Its turning out nice. I compare it to having kids. Its real easy to do the deed, not many tools needed. But after the kid arrives its all the extra poo that goes with those little buggers. The kid doesn't take up much space but all the other stuff requires a moving truck to go the store.

I hear ya, with a 1 year old at home a wife thats 5 months pregnant, both of us working full time and me working a second job, time is a little limited. :violent1: I tried to smack some sense into you, I told you to put a big juice kit on it set on kill and have fun, oh wait thats not right I told you to turbo it. :sign6: At least I told you that it wasn't going to be a quick process. It will be worth it in the end. Its turning out nice. I compare it to having kids. Its real easy to do the deed, not many tools needed. But after the kid arrives its all the extra poo that goes with those little buggers. The kid doesn't take up much space but all the other stuff requires a moving truck to go the store.

HAAAAAAAAAA!! I HEAR ya on that!!! My baby girl is 1 year and 3 weeks old now. Myself and the lady works full time. The progress on my 70 Dart has came to a complete halt....Don't know what to do now...

Oh boy no offence but if time to do it is your only shortfall,count yourself lucky. Losing your health is a HUGE limiting factor on your energy,mental health and happy ness.Ive been fighting off this disease for 4 months now,and winning. The difference to my mental outlook has been huge!

Now I am recouping nicely I have been working on catching up to all the repair/projects waiting for me.I know it might not seem like a big deal for a fellow who has never had a diagnosis of something fatal or near to it,but it's a huge hit to take.

Lou your thread has been one of those I look forward to seeing updates. It cheers me up seeing the progress!

Keep it up and realise that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Dont give up...

Exactly! Been there done that. My oldest is 21, daughter just turned 18 and our youngest daughter just turned 15. Seems at times when they are little you have to haul around a trailer for all the stuff you need.

HAAAAAAAAAA!! I HEAR ya on that!!! My baby girl is 1 year and 3 weeks old now. Myself and the lady works full time. The progress on my 70 Dart has came to a complete halt....Don't know what to do now...

Geeze man, I remember when you had her.

I dropped the housing off today along with the link bars and the brake brackets etc. with the Powder Coater.
The owner of the shop said I will have them back on Friday. I should be able to drop off the K Frame etc the same day.

Housing is going to be Satin Black and the link bars will be Hammered Silver. I will do the K Frame Satin Black and the upper and lower control arms Hammered Silver. The Strut Rods may get done to match the Tie Rod Sleeves anodized Gold Color.

Welded a few more tubes off in the car today and Drilled & tapped the Housing for the breather & Brake Distribution block then bent the rear housing portion of the brake lines. It is all ready for powder coat on Tuesday. I did not get to take the K Frame out of the car so it will go at a later date to the powder coater.

My nephew came over and wanted me to teach him to weld is what he said anyway. Little did I know he showed up with a Small Cage for his Miata and I ended up installing it for him "didn't teach him jack on welding". That was not his intention, go figure. I did make him prep everything and strip his car down and put it back together though. He is young, no $$ so I hooked him up. It came out nice.

Here is what I got done in my rear end today.

i have a really stupid question. i have looked online and cant seem to find an answer.

what size is the brake line? is it 3/16" or is it 1/8? feel pretty stupid for asking but you just finished doing what i need to do.

i have a really stupid question. i have looked online and cant seem to find an answer.

what size is the brake line? is it 3/16" or is it 1/8? feel pretty stupid for asking but you just finished doing what i need to do.

Mine is 3/16". There are several different sizes you could use. Napa has a pretty good selection of brake hardware.

Get the premium tuff coat lines, stick to 3/16 will make life a lot easier and buy a pair of these pliers, they work slick as snot

Attachments

• tubing pliers.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 591
Picked up my housing today and the link bars. I also received the axles from Strange. The bearings did not come pressed on. I thought I asked them to do so. My friend has a press at his shop so tomorrow I will head over there and get them pressed on.

The color combo is ok. The link bars came out a little darker than I though they should have but oh well they are done now.

View attachment phpljDLbdPM.jpg

View attachment phpjDEyK2PM.jpg

View attachment phpL8dMiQPM.jpg

View attachment phpLjTv3LPM.jpg

View attachment php9AgI5MPM.jpg

View attachment php1hnldAPM.jpg

Got the bearings pressed on today. I come home and decide to check the Rotor Hats and........ they don't fit the bolt pattern. When I ordered the axles I asked for 5x4.5X1/2" Pattern and another 5x4.5x5/8's pattern so if I want to swap the wheels out for Weld's or something that take the bigger 5/8's studs I would be ready. They did the first pattern correct but did the second at 5x4.75x1/2" ...... I had the studs on the wrong pattern. They fit and so do the wheels but now I am JACKED if I end up getting different wheels later that require the 5/8's studs.

This invoice/work order should have raised the hair on someone's neck and triggered a phone call to the customer which is me. I don't remember MOPAR having a 5x4.75 bolt circle pattern.

Do I live with it or have them make me another set??

View attachment IMG_4355.jpg

If there's any inclination that makes you think you may change it later or just the fact that it's going to bother you, I'd have them fix it. The shop I had do my roll bars didn't do them the way I wanted the first time. The more I thought about it, the more it bothered me. So I had them redo it for me. Unfortunately, they screwed up again, so it's going to have to go back again for the 3rd time. Although a PITA to deal with, in the end I'll be glad I got it done the way I wanted. Just food for thought.

If there's any inclination that makes you think you may change it later or just the fact that it's going to bother you, I'd have them fix it. The shop I had do my roll bars didn't do them the way I wanted the first time. The more I thought about it, the more it bothered me. So I had them redo it for me. Unfortunately, they screwed up again, so it's going to have to go back again for the 3rd time. Although a PITA to deal with, in the end I'll be glad I got it done the way I wanted. Just food for thought.

Yeah it will probably bug me. Will I ever use the 5/8's Studs? I don't know. I guess I could tap out the 1/2" holes to 5/8's at that time. I just pisses me off when this is America and everyone says America has the best workers etc, etc. I alway's tell people that 20% of the people do 80% of the work. The rest of the 80% aren't worth a chittt and are there just to pick up a paycheck. That is part of the reason this country is all fkd up.

Rant is over......

-
Back