Wife's in the hospital

-
Hi Robert

Praying for you guys. I agree with 6pk2goDemon, get that paypal up and running. Im sure we all can buy a little less chrome for a much more important cause. Stay strong in faith and spirit. You guys will make it through this.

:thumbup: Thx ....Robert's paypal addy has been posted finally in a FABO Benefit Fund Raiser thread here:

I think Leanna said that Roberts computer is down right now, hopefully he can get it back up soon and would be glad to provide that info.

Hope things are going good, still sending prayers for you both

Yes, Leanna posted that info in the Fund Raiser thread. Thx for helping :salut:

Stopped by yesterday. They will be heading to Rochester Strong Hospital early Friday,to do some more tests to see what the next steps are. It will be a long day for Sarah.

Ramenth At yahoo period com should work.

Keep us updated please.........Thx for doing what real friends do :D

Robert I'm so sorry I'm late posting. I don't make it over to the general forum enough. Will sure be praying for you and Sarah.

Keeping the prayers going for you and your wife Robert and to the doctors that are looking over her.

Thank you one and all.

Thanks for posting the update, John.

Yeah, Sarah and I had to be in Rochester on Monday. But here's the kicker: one of her neuro-oncologists originally had it set up to do it in the Wilmot Cancer Center. But after calling late Sunday afternoon, the doctor decided it was best to do at the actual hospital where they would have the full selection of needles.

Monday morning she called and canceled the 1:00 appointment and said she'd get a hold of us as to what day and time the new appointment would be. At 11:15am the hospital called and told us we needed to be there by 2:00. So, not ready to make the trip - being told it would be on a different day - we now have 15 minutes to get ready, get gas, and be on the road so we could be there for our 1:30 check in time. We pulled into the parking garage at 1:30.

Everything went well. The procedure was basically in and out, though Sarah came home with more restrictions than before for the next day or two. Our bathroom is on the second floor, along with all the bedrooms, so for the first 20 hours or so after the procedure she was stuck upstairs. No stair climbing!

Now she can move about the house, but still has to limit her stair climbing until at least Friday.

And speaking of Friday, Sarah's pretty excited. Her best friend growing up is flying out from Minnesota for the weekend, along with her family. I spent yesterday shampooing our carpets getting them ready to have an 18 month old baby to play on. Thursday I'll be doing a little more, making sure the house is safe. Today I need to do some necessary car repairs to make the car stays reliable to get us back and forth.

That's good to hear, Robert. Know that God is being bombarded with prayer requests for Sarah and yourself. I hope you all have a wonderful visit with old friends.

Cool. Prayers sent your wife and you.. and on my list.....

Bearwolf

Your a good man Robert. I can't even imagine how tough a situation your going through. Wish we were closer to help some.

Your friends, Tracy and Cathy

Our prayers continue Robert, I hope and pray to see a new thread letting us know all is going to be ok, and you and Sarah are keeping up the fight and all will be fine in do time.
Mike & Treva.

Still praying for you and Sarah, and it sounds like God has answered with a visit from her lifelong friend. That should lift her spirits a little!!It also sounds like the Dr.'s visits are going well, except for the last minute changes!! Let's hope that trens doesn't continue. The last thing she needs is her stress level to go up becuase of a changed appointment or other outside hassles!! Sounds like you're doing a great job keeping her safe and sound through all this, and my prayers are also for a little releif for you and her!! Geof

! Let's hope that trens doesn't continue.

Sorry to disappoint you, Geof, but it didn't get better.

Figured it was time for an update. Friday we went to get the MRI's done. She was on the table for about 1/2 an hour when the MRI shut down.

Gotta reschedule for Monday or Tuesday, they say.

Got the phone call at 9:00 yesterday morning that the only time they had available was yesterday at 2:30. At least that gave us enough prep time to get out the door by noon to get there. (I'm a habitual early person for appointments, to allow us 1/2 hour to get through the parking garage, get to where we're going, get checked in, etc, etc.)

Hey, we're doing good. Things are on track and on schedule. Except we're still in the waiting room, her in her oh-so-fashionable hospital scrubs at quarter to four. No one has said a word to us about the wait, so I start asking questions. ER needed MRI's after a car accident victim came in. I'm fine with that, what I'm not fine with is that no one bothered to even stick his or her head out the door to tell us why the wait.

Four o'clock they finally get her in. An hour later she comes walking back out, for a break I'm told. Take an hour, get something to eat. Gives us time to get to the lab for the blood work, get her a sandwich, then back to the MRI. They hadn't even done the contrasts yet.

She's in there for another hour and fourty-five minutes before they're done. We finally left Rochester at 8pm. Figure the first hour or so on Friday, the almost three hours yesterday, she was in the MRI for about 3 1/2 hours all said and done.

With the four hour round trip and the six hours we were actually in the hospital yesterday was a ten hour day for us.

Tomorrow we go up for the test results and see if all the poking and prodding was worth it.

Still praying for you and Sarah. Just found out today my Mother in Law has cancer. Wife is a mess with this news. I am trying to keep everyone positive.

Sorry to disappoint you, Geof, but it didn't get better.

Figured it was time for an update. Friday we went to get the MRI's done. She was on the table for about 1/2 an hour when the MRI shut down.

Gotta reschedule for Monday or Tuesday, they say.

Got the phone call at 9:00 yesterday morning that the only time they had available was yesterday at 2:30. At least that gave us enough prep time to get out the door by noon to get there. (I'm a habitual early person for appointments, to allow us 1/2 hour to get through the parking garage, get to where we're going, get checked in, etc, etc.)

Hey, we're doing good. Things are on track and on schedule. Except we're still in the waiting room, her in her oh-so-fashionable hospital scrubs at quarter to four. No one has said a word to us about the wait, so I start asking questions. ER needed MRI's after a car accident victim came in. I'm fine with that, what I'm not fine with is that no one bothered to even stick his or her head out the door to tell us why the wait.

Four o'clock they finally get her in. An hour later she comes walking back out, for a break I'm told. Take an hour, get something to eat. Gives us time to get to the lab for the blood work, get her a sandwich, then back to the MRI. They hadn't even done the contrasts yet.

She's in there for another hour and fourty-five minutes before they're done. We finally left Rochester at 8pm. Figure the first hour or so on Friday, the almost three hours yesterday, she was in the MRI for about 3 1/2 hours all said and done.

With the four hour round trip and the six hours we were actually in the hospital yesterday was a ten hour day for us.

Tomorrow we go up for the test results and see if all the poking and prodding was worth it.

Man that's just terrible to jerk a sick person around like that. Having to use the MRI for the accident is understandable but leaving you just hanging there is totally uncalled for. I guess that's the good thing about living in a small community like I do, the hospitals around me need your business so they treat you good. I have never been in for over 2 hrs. for an MRI.

:dontknow: Actually, that's not such bad news iin this case. The neuro-oncologist brought in the neuro-surgeon to talk about the possibilty of doing another biopsy. It's the neuro-surgeon's opinion that if he's going back in for another tissue sample we would be better served just going in and taking the tumor.

Right now we're sitting at an imagining facility getting more MRI's done for the surgeon. He wants to know exactly where the tumor is. Once he has the film he'll be scheduling the surgery.

Still prayin here. Yall stay strong.

Let us know when the next surgery will be Robert and I'll make sure and be praying for her at that time in addition to daily prayers. God can and has done miracles before. Several yrs. ago our Pastor's wife had a brain tumor much like you described Sarah's and was miraculously healed before her scheduled surgery. They had 2 MRI's showing the egg size tumor and did a final MRI preparing for surgery and it was no longer there. The doctors were blown away. I believe that can happen for Sarah too.

Gotta be at the hospital at 5:45am Monday morning to begin the operation.

That's early for someone who lives two hours away.

But...

The hospital has it worked out with the local conference center that for those patients who have to be there early, like Sarah, and live a ways away, they get a free hotel room for the night before.

The hospital called Thursday night with the confirmation number, already reserving the room on our behalf. So we're headed up Sunday night so we're not facing a real early morning with a drive. And here's the kicker on that, too. The conference center offers steep discounted rates to family members of patients. I can have the room for $40 a day afterwards if I so chose.

-
Back