‘71 Demon at Mecum $70K lower estimate

-
Maybe they hit a raccoon or cat at speed and pushed the lower valance in.

Maybe they hit a raccoon or cat at speed and pushed the lower valance in.

Eh, to me it looks like more of a shipping mishap. Like maybe they tied the front bumper down to the trailer and it shifted and the tie down pushed the valance in at the plate. Nothing is smashed, just pushed a little.

And if it’s at Barrett we know it could have been shipped recently.

If you look at the side shot of the front bumper you see it is off a bit.
Also 15” rims and tires. Should be 14”

side note: I would not throw that out of my garage. Lol! Car **** right there- just saying.
Yeah, the 15s actually look out of place, IMO with everything else pretty much stock. That jumped right out at me. And the valance is definitely bent, especially on the driver's side of that plate. It's clear as day. Still a nice car.

Eh, to me it looks like more of a shipping mishap. Like maybe they tied the front bumper down to the trailer and it shifted and the tie down pushed the valance in at the plate. Nothing is smashed, just pushed a little.

And if it’s at Barrett we know it could have been shipped recently.
Almost looks like it could be pulled out carefully by hand.

Maybe me and Rusty could use my HF stud welder and get it her back to a skim coat. Our old 102 year old farmhouse is on the market. I'll let you know when we're heading back this fall, if you can tolerate and old Jarhead, and us swapping Mopar parts. I appreciate all your comments. Straight from the heart. More news to follow. Taxes are unbelievable here now, and increasing by the month. Sales tax is 10.6%, property tax has doubled in the past year. Screw that, I'm 64 and returning to my Motherland. My bucket list now has a glass of sweet tea on a front porch with RRR. I know most men aspire for more than that, but I've been blessed in many ways. Being said, I wanna see his best slant burnout in my driveway.

Yeah, the 15s actually look out of place, IMO with everything else pretty much stock. That jumped right out at me. And the valance is definitely bent, especially on the driver's side of that plate. It's clear as day. Still a nice car.
Hmmm...wondering why you think the 15's look out of place?
I have to buy tires for my 71 and not sure yet which ones I will get. I have 14" rims but the rears were widened years ago as I think these cars look better from the rear with some wider tires. IIRC, I've got 205/70's in the front and 275/60's in the back. Those sizes tell you how old these tires are!! (Think I bought them in about 1988 and probably have less than 1000 miles on them.) I suspect my choices will be limited by availability.

What is the deal with charger wheel openings? I'm curious because when I was restoring my Demon I spent a few days researching front fenders because the wheel lip was different than the rear wheel openings. The duster rear body simply got the dart front clip bolted on. It looks odd to me now that I am aware of it.
Dusters and demon shared the quarter panels. Fits both.

Maybe me and Rusty could use my HF stud welder and get it her back to a skim coat. Our old 102 year old farmhouse is on the market. I'll let you know when we're heading back this fall, if you can tolerate and old Jarhead, and us swapping Mopar parts. I appreciate all your comments. Straight from the heart. More news to follow. Taxes are unbelievable here now, and increasing by the month. Sales tax is 10.6%, property tax has doubled in the past year. Screw that, I'm 64 and returning to my Motherland. My bucket list now has a glass of sweet tea on a front porch with RRR. I know most men aspire for more than that, but I've been blessed in many ways. Being said, I wanna see his best slant burnout in my driveway.
Boy, you sure don't aspire to great things. LOL

I guess it depends on your point of view. I've escaped the grim reaper a couple of times in my life. My bride of 35 years and I are still together, with two fine sons. We've worked hard and saved our entire lives.

Wow......some of you guys really nit picking a pretty nice car.......and then I get harassed when I call out a complete and total cobbled up piece of who the **** would do that type builds on here........Oh well I guess i'm not shocked to be honest.

Wow......some of you guys really nit picking a pretty nice car.......and then I get harassed when I call out a complete and total cobbled up piece of who the **** would do that type builds on here........Oh well I guess i'm not shocked to be honest.
I would sure be proud to add it to my stable!! 3 Demons would be 50% more cool than having 2!!

I would definitely not be a player on the black one for 82k........not that nice in my opinion and nothing about it justifies 82k........but it is what it is.

Agree there -
If that went for $82K the GSS could fetch $150.....which I guess is certainly possible.

Agree there -
If that went for $82K the GSS could fetch $150.....which I guess is certainly possible.

totally different types of cars. Two different buyers.

The black one is completely modified “pro-touring” a/c, complete coil-over suspension, rack and pinion, custom interior, mini tubbed, Dana, 4-wheel disks… etc etc

The GSS is restored to factory original.

Wow, a non-original A body fetching $82k just blows my mind. Never thought anything other than a '68 Super Stock Hemi car would draw that kind of money.

-
Back