‘71 Demon at Mecum $70K lower estimate

-
Wow, a non-original A body fetching $82k just blows my mind. Never thought anything other than a '68 Super Stock Hemi car would draw that kind of money.
No real reason for it to bring that kind of money either.....looked like a better than average home build.....not like it was some super high end deal with awesome parts.

No real reason for it to bring that kind of money either.....looked like a better than average home build.....not like it was some super high end deal with awesome parts.

This ^

Money has apparently become practically meaningless for a lot more people than ever. $165K for a GSS demon. I remember in the early 90's one selling for $30K, that was a lot, but got me thinking maybe I could own one someday....not without a second mortgage! lol

This ^

Money has apparently become practically meaningless for a lot more people than ever. $165K for a GSS demon. I remember in the early 90's one selling for $30K, that was a lot, but got me thinking maybe I could own one someday....not without a second mortgage! lol
I think you were aware of what car I was referring to but it was the black big block Demon, and I never followed the GSS Demons although I know they are rare but I thought that too was a pile of dough especially for what was in my opinion not a good color.

I think you were aware of what car I was referring to but it was the black big block Demon, and I never followed the GSS Demons although I know they are rare but I thought that too was a pile of dough especially for what was in my opinion not a good color.

yeah I knew you were referring to the black car. I agree that it's really surprising that it fetched that kind of money.

Then this Duster brings "only" $36K
1971 Plymouth Duster | T38.1 | Indy 2022 | Mecum Auctions

I cant find this car. Did Mr Norm build a bigblock Demon ? Or was this a Me Norms car converted to a bigblock ?

That car is minimum 10k high in price, undercoating everywhere, not numbers matching, dash all beat up, door panels have speaker holes.......again just a homeowner build

I think $10K high is just because "Mecum"

the B5 blue demon the OP originally posted sold at $88K
Still have sticker shock at that price but I guess that's what the market will bear for right now.......definitely the prettiest of the 3 Demons sold though

Still have sticker shock at that price but I guess that's what the market will bear for right now.......definitely the prettiest of the 3 Demons sold though

Yeah- pretty crazy.
With $80K to spend there are A LOT of cars to consider. I like A-body's but you can get into a restored A12 car for that kind of $

Yeah- pretty crazy.
With $80K to spend there are A LOT of cars to consider. I like A-body's but you can get into a restored A12 car for that kind of $
I would disagree on a restored A12 car for 80k.......those are bringing 115k-125k ish kind of money for a numbers matching restored one and with the crazy prices as of late maybe even more for a highly desirable combo.

I would disagree on a restored A12 car for 80k.......those are bringing 115k-125k ish kind of money for a numbers matching restored one and with the crazy prices as of late maybe even more for a highly desirable combo.

looks like you are right about that. (The ones I saw were tribute cars) In that case I'd throw in another $20Kish and get the A12 car. there's many non mopars I would look at as well...
But none of it is gonna happen if I'm to remain happily married and all ;)

I'll just be satisfied with my Duster.

If someone is brash enough to want that kind of money why not throw it under the bus...... Drivers seat is tweeked (common as mine is also.) PS of hood has an issue also (look at the alignment with the molding.) And yes, Valance has an issue.....

Nicer than mine. But I mine doesn't have that price tag. Good luck to the drunk Bidders going after it. If you are in the right spot currently in the financial world the price for this is nothing really. Just a cup of coffee to the average working man...

JW

Lighten up and try not to knock someone else's ride. Your jealousy is showing. The car sold for $88,000. I guess that shows how much your opinion matters. I really get tired of people knocking cars that are for sale. Obviously, the seller knows today's market much, much better than you. If you can't say something positive to add to the post, just move on.

Last edited:
Lighten up and try not to knock someone else's ride. Your jealousy is showing. The car sold for $88,000. I guess that shows how much your opinion matters. I really get tired of people knocking cars that are for sale. Obviously, the seller knows today's market much, much better than you. If you can't say something positive to add to the post, just move on.

Jealous of what? That lol...... Not hardly. If your brash enough to put that price tag on it expect some feedback. And I could really give a rats *** about your opinion of my reply......

JW

Jealous of what? That lol...... Not hardly. If your brash enough to put that price tag on it expect some feedback. And I could really give a rats *** about your opinion of my reply......

JW
Great. Another keyboard tough guy. Obviously you do care - since you felt a need to reply. What you posted was not feedback - it's your ignorant opinion - which no one asked for. Further, no one cares that you're jealous and can't afford cars in that price range and you feel compelled to try and knock their car. As an a-body owner, I'm glad the seller got the price they did.

Slo - your name fits perfectly.

Great. Another keyboard tough guy. Obviously you do care - since you felt a need to reply. What you posted was not feedback - it's your ignorant opinion - which no one asked for. Further, no one cares that you're jealous and can't afford cars in that price range and you feel compelled to try and knock their car. As an a-body owner, I'm glad the seller got the price they did.

Slo - your name fits perfectly.

I'm happy for you.....

JW

I told you guys! Hot A-bodies are all the rage because nothing is better, and everyone had one in there family. It's our time guys. 340/360 A-bodies are amazing-light weight, right size, better styling. Again, all the stuff we already know

-
Back