“Stripper” - 1966 Plymouth Valiant 100 Two Door sedan

-

SSVDP

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here’s my new 1966 Valiant two door sedan. This is a classic “stripper”- a low cost Valiant 100 two door sedan with a 170 cubic inch slant six and a three speed manual transmission, the only option may have been an AM radio. I think it still has the original engine but I haven’t checked the numbers. This is the first three on the tree I’ve ever owned and also first one I ever drove. Originally it was bright red with a red interior but it now wears a badly faded ‘resale’ red repaint and a lot of spray can black primer. The interior is also red and was apparently refurbished some time ago and it is still presentable.

Like a lot of vintage cars there was a long period where it had been in storage. It had a lot of needs to make it something I could drive. To address these needs quite a bit has been done so far; typical tune-up, new battery, it now has an 8 ¼” rear axle, rally wheels with new tires, new fuel pump, new gas tank, new fuel tank sending unit plus redone brake system with new wheel cylinders and brake lines. It now starts quickly, runs with the usual lifter noise and really shifts smooth. It’s not pretty but is now a nice running car. The body is pretty solid, no it’s not perfect by any measure, the driver’s side fender and door are banged up, but having originally lived in Michigan I’m accustomed to seeing many cool cars turned into rusted hulks by winter road salt - it’s just so refreshing to see a car body this solid. It was impossible for me to turn down a ’66 Valiant that was not rusted out. I’ve gotten lucky and have already located replacements for the driver’s side fender and door, both need a little work. I’d like to get some decent paint on it but I’m not sure that I want to tackle the rest of the body work that’s needed. So for now it’ll be a ratty and un-restored driver.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I must have missed your price and current location in your ad. I'm interested but don't need another car. I am more interested in the door that's not going to be used.

Cool little Valiant SSVDP. I wouldn't mind driving her around just like it is!

I only owned one three-on-the-tree car myself. It was my second vehicle and was a 1969 Chivy Van...the "shaggin' Wagin', lol...

Great looking 66 :thumbsup: Now you know how sweet these little 66's are and ride nice :steering: Welcome to the one year only body Valiant club .
Memikie Likie :thumbsup:

abody 66 7.jpg

abody 66 6.jpg

I like it.
There's nothing wrong with driving it the way it looks.
A lot of people are hung up on if it isn't shiny and straight with a $10,000 paint job, they wouldn't be seen in it.
Most of my cars are like this one looks wise, and i enjoy them that way.
At least it's on the road being driven and enjoyed instead of deteriorating in your back yard being an ''all or nothing'' car.
Cudos to you!

Very cool car and yes go for it. Do what you can and don't worry about paint right now. Drive it..!! You could have it painted at Maaco for $300 though and don't have to spend 5k on paint. I picked up my 66 about 4 weeks ago and I'm lovin this car. It was in a garage covered for the past 36 years. It needs a new interior that I have already,..(not original) but I purchased 2002 black Tiburon bucket seats, new carpet and Rallye's are going on it tomorrow. All the trim is back on it and I have the Valiant Signet fender badge that is missing on the passengers side seen in the picture. After that is done,.I'm going to drive it and drive it and drive it.

memike,.if you don't mind me asking what size tires are you running on your car? That is really nice. Looks great!!

66Valiant.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back