.011" under Rod bearings

-
Yes they fit the big end of the 360 rod. Your crankshaft .010" journal is a little small then, so you are having to tighten up the clearance?

Yes they fit the big end of the 360 rod. Your crankshaft .010" journal is a little small then, so you are having to tighten up the clearance?
Actually now that I think about it I really want .009" doh!. My crank is at .010" and the marks on the bearing are a little my like 5 to 11 as opposed to 10 to 2 so I was looking for am an easy way out. Bugga. My machine shop guy has retired now to further complicate my life.

English as a foreign language LOL....can you help me understand this? Is this the reading in the micrometer? ('Bugga' I understand!)

My crank is at .010" and the marks on the bearing are a little my like 5 to 11 as opposed to 10 to 2 so I was looking for am an easy way out.

You know... polishing down the crankshaft journal(s) .0005-.001" does not take that much time. But it is not clear (to me) if .010" bearings are too tight or too loose for your journals.

English as a foreign language LOL....can you help me understand this? Is this the reading in the micrometer? ('Bugga' I understand!)

You know... polishing down the crankshaft journal(s) .0005-.001" does not take that much time. But it is not clear (to me) if .010" bearings are too tight or too loose for your journals.

Well it's all about reading the marks on the bearings. The ideal situation shows wear from left to right along the length of the bearing if you imagine a clock face showing in the area between 10 to 2. Get it? I do I need to take a pic?

I get it.... I just never have judged bearing clearance in any way like that. I use plastigage, or micrometers..... so I can't say anything about how you are judging the clearance.

So if you think you need .009" bearings, then the journals are a bit too large, right? Polishing them down for a better fit in a .010" bearing is what I would do, and not hard to do.

I get it.... I just never have judged bearing clearance in any way like that. I use plastigage, or micrometers..... so I can't say anything about how you are judging the clearance.

So if you think you need .009" bearings, then the journals are a bit too large, right? Polishing them down for a better fit in a .010" bearing is what I would do, and not hard to do.
Yep. Like I said my guy

Don't mis understand, this measured up at .0025" when assembled, the marks on the bearings are just my observations when disassembled for inspection and based on 45 years mechanical experience. Under normal use this would be fine, but I run this in a just for fun slingshot dragster and it works hard every time.

-
Back