'05 Hemi ?'s

-
buddy had a 300, dropped a seat on one head, had head replaced with a JY head. Next month, he dropped another on the other head! Went back to same JY, bought the other head, slapped it on and sold it. He was pissed because he had bought 3rd party mechanical insurance in it, you know the ones that advertise...they denied him coverage because the problem was not "lubrication related"....read the fine print. I have also heard of peening the seats, basically you take a blunt punch and tap divots around the valve seat so it deforms the head material for more of an interference fit, not just a shrink fit.

I have been looking into putting a hemi in an A body. I would keep the stock k-frame and t-bars and use the smaller PT box purchased from Bergman Auto Craft (Bergman Auto Craft - Home of the Modern Muscle Car), since they have all the parts to make things work with the stock steering. I would then order the TTI headers designed to be used with the smaller borgeson box so everything fits without having to extensively modify the headers and still have power steering. The worst case scenario would be to purchase a QA1 k-frame and use the stock t-bars. Just my tentative plan.

I have been looking into putting a hemi in an A body. I would keep the stock k-frame and t-bars and use the smaller PT box purchased from Bergman Auto Craft (Bergman Auto Craft - Home of the Modern Muscle Car), since they have all the parts to make things work with the stock steering. I would then order the TTI headers designed to be used with the smaller borgeson box so everything fits without having to extensively modify the headers and still have power steering. The worst case scenario would be to purchase a QA1 k-frame and use the stock t-bars. Just my tentative plan.

Thank you for that. My problem is I have an early A. A few inches narrower than the 67+ cars. A whole new set of problems! Lol

-
Back