07 Dakota, front Strut install, Help ?

-

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 07 Dak, 2 wd, I have read some threads on the Dak forums about how the nightmare begins with the LCA to front strut bolts... any advice, or experience on this? Thanks To All a FABO!

any advice, or experience on this?
I haven't been under a Dak for a long time, bu looking at this; I fail to see a problem. Unless the bolt seizes in the control arm....... but that's what they invented the oxyacetylene torch for.
shopping

I somewhat recently replaced lower control arms on '08 4wd Dakota I bought off a customer. I own and operate an auto repair shop, and let me tell you, I still remember fighting with those SOB's. Four foot breaker bar, good air hammer, and torches all involved. I'm speaking mainly about control arm to frame bolts (had to save them for re-use), but I'm guessing your forum guys are talking about the strut bolts seizing in the bushings etc. Air hammer and correct bit is your friend.

I somewhat recently replaced lower control arms on '08 4wd Dakota I bought off a customer. I own and operate an auto repair shop, and let me tell you, I still remember fighting with those SOB's. Four foot breaker bar, good air hammer, and torches all involved. I'm speaking mainly about control arm to frame bolts (had to save them for re-use), but I'm guessing your forum guys are talking about the strut bolts seizing in the bushings etc. Air hammer and correct bit is your friend.
Yessir, it looks simple, but I researched it, and the strut to LCA bolts seized in the bushing is way too common.. that's why I haven't tried to put them in yet. It's my work truck/ daily driver. What type of bit for the air hammer? I also read ya may wanna just R and R the bushings... but that's another can of worms. Main thing is supposedly you caint get the bolts.

I rebuilt the font end of an 07 Ram that had similar struts. The lower bolts were a pain. I managed to salvage one and bought a new one from the dealership. Heat, a BFH and lots of PB blaster helped. I ended up drilling the one out. PITA!!

Yea, will most likely need a torch. I did a set last year, thought it was going to be easy, until I got to the LCA bolts. It took a while to get them loose, had to use heat after all else failed.

-
Back