08 cahllenger ???? a let down

-
Yeah, I just hope Chrysler starts making some forced-induction Hemis for their cars so they aren't left behind by the GT500's and the new Camaros with their 'Vette engines. That's the only reason why I'm not entirely supportive of the whole Mopar muscle-car revival (YET); back in the '60s, GM and Ford scrambled to keep up with the performance and technology of ChryCo cars.

the SRT challenger was built to compete with these cars, it acually has a faster top end than the GT500 and the camaro, the RT is going to be built to battle with the mustang GT and camaro. chrysler built a RWD retro muscle car that acually looks like a challenger, i believe that is revival, and i think that they did the best job of retro out of the Big three (comparing the challenger to the mustang to the camaro)

5 of the new Challys at the Mile High Nationals, 2 orange 2008's 1 2009 red 6spd, and 2 race cars that are supposed to come out in 2009. I like the car, and the race car version is the one that I would buy.

I love it I saw one in person a week ago and I think it looks great! My Pop is ordering the R/T with the classic pack, track pack and b5.

Yeah, I just hope Chrysler starts making some forced-induction Hemis for their cars so they aren't left behind by the GT500's and the new Camaros with their 'Vette engines. That's the only reason why I'm not entirely supportive of the whole Mopar muscle-car revival (YET); back in the '60s, GM and Ford scrambled to keep up with the performance and technology of ChryCo cars.

They a ready have a super charger kit in the works for this car. There may also be a 6.4 on the 2010 models. With the blower it is as follows.

"The supercharger will be marketed through Dodge dealers as a Mopar-branded aftermarket item. Along with the blower, the '09 Challenger will get the typical SEMA treatment: a cold-air intake, a high-flow cat-back exhaust system and, of course, a few different sets of rims.

Speedfactory has already taken the wraps off its Vortech supercharger kit for the Challenger, which ups the 6.1-liter Hemi V8's stock 425 horsepower
to 630 hp with the Stage 2 modifications.

Full story hre:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=128306

i was saying the same thing about the new chally. after seeing quite a few of them at carlisle i am already board of them. they just don't do it for me. they just don't catch my eye. the side and rear of the body is just too tall and flat. the lines just suck on the car if you ask me. the interior has no retro styling at all wich i think is a mistake. all in all its just another car. on the other hand i still check out almost every new mustang that is on the road. ford hit that baby right on in my opinion. the body looks great and the dash mimiks the old mustang. plus the stang is cheaper and has thousands more aftermaket parts then the challenger will ever have.

there wasa black challenger there i dont recall the companys name but it was ugly,,the painted the factory wheels black, made the hood flat black,and it was super charged..

a few compaines are already gearing up for customized versions of the modern chalenger,,

chryslers@carlisle 2008 vol 3 arial 098.jpg

chryslers@carlisle 2008 vol 3 arial 097.jpg

ford hit that baby right on in my opinion. the body looks great and the dash mimiks the old mustang. plus the stang is cheaper and has thousands more aftermaket parts then the challenger will ever have.

ya, but is a muskrat, wusstang, pusstang, and after its 5 years old a rustang lol

but i do agree about the dash, the new chally dash is boring i hope they make it more retro for 09

Mustangs suck!

Everyone has one and I pass 400 of them on the road everyday! Camaros, Mustangs, Camaros, Mustangs, Camaros, Mustangs, Camaros,.. LOL!

I guess I'm everybody
It's really a pretty nice car, is comfortable, and handles well....especially with the Mich Pilots on it

05_Stang.jpg

there wasa black challenger there i dont recall the companys name but it was ugly,,the painted the factory wheels black, made the hood flat black,and it was super charged..

a few compaines are already gearing up for customized versions of the modern chalenger,,

I like it!

You got to look at it and say "Hey it might be ugly but it's the only car in world that is like it!" LOL!

I guess I'm everybody
It's really a pretty nice car, is comfortable, and handles well....especially with the Mich Pilots on it

But it still has an antenna how ugly. Tara has an '01 rustang and it is an ok car but the build quality is poor, how are the new ones? Any way I think I just let out my pet peeve, antennas they are pointless and just mess up good body lines. sorry for the small rant

68 that stand loks great,,, i think ford hit a home run withthat car,,as did ma mopare with the challenger,,, i like both a lot,,

I like it! Very stealthy.

I had an '01 before this one. Was a smaller car and didn't fit me well. Had some minor interior squeaks in it, but I didn't have any issues out of it either. The one I have now is an '05, so it has had a few "first year" gremlins. Nothing major mind you, just annoying. BUT there were TSB's issued on all the issues I had with it, and they were all taken care of non gratis.

Hate to say it, but I really like this car. One "problem" with it that the Challenger will have is (hold on) cup holder placement.:thebirdm: They're in the way on the Mouse, and will be in the way on the Challenger as well (only when you actually USE them that is)

With the lighter than stock wheels and those Pilots, this thing corners really well. And I think I know what I'm talking about having owned Porsches and run Riverside once. The only current complaint I have (and it isn't the fault of the car) is mileage. Since the addition of ethanol my mileage has dropped more than 2mpg in town.

As far as getting a Challenger goes, once I finish up a few things (getting the govt. off my *** for one) I hope to be in a position to call SMS and see what I need to do to get myself an R/T570X with a 6 speed of course

It seems to me that people aren't going to be happy no matter what Chrysler does, people (myself included) BITCHED, MOANED, COMLAINED AND BEGGED for them to come out with a real "New Gen" muscle car. So what do they do they put everything on the line to come out with this new Challenger and in my opinion did a great job, maybe not perfect but never the less. And what do people do they find WHATEVER they can to ***** MOAN AND COMPLAIN about IT. If your not happy with it then jump the band waggon and get a Mustang cause Chrysler/ Dodge tried to make people happy but we all know theres always the few people that once they got what they asked for are NEVER happy and just ask for something else. If you dont want to pay the stupidly marked up price wait till the 09's come out cause they aren't limited editions, if you compair it too much to the Challenger of the past then get one of those, if your not happy with body gaps well guess what, none of the cars your driving now came with handcrafted body gaps eigther thats what happens on mass production etc etc...

I guess what I'm trying to say is stop looking at all all the bad and look at the GOOD! We the MOPAR crowd FINALLY have an obtainable mucle/sports car that inherits everything that we love and respect of our brand, sport and mucle car heritage, no more will it just be FORD and CHEVY ruling the streets in NEW muscle car glory, just like the 60's they got ahead of the 8 ball first but what happend MOPAR came out on top and now we're it's come full circle.

Thanx for reading my little rant!
RIGHT ON !!! I get plenty of looks when I'm cruising with my Duster but when I drove a new Orange SRT8 300 miles I couldn't believe the reaction it got. Remember there is many more classic car owner wannabes than true owners, and this car will fill that void.

It seems to me that people aren't going to be happy no matter what Chrysler does, people (myself included) BITCHED, MOANED, COMLAINED AND BEGGED for them to come out with a real "New Gen" muscle car. So what do they do they put everything on the line to come out with this new Challenger and in my opinion did a great job, maybe not perfect but never the less. And what do people do they find WHATEVER they can to ***** MOAN AND COMPLAIN about IT. If your not happy with it then jump the band waggon and get a Mustang cause Chrysler/ Dodge tried to make people happy but we all know theres always the few people that once they got what they asked for are NEVER happy and just ask for something else. If you dont want to pay the stupidly marked up price wait till the 09's come out cause they aren't limited editions, if you compair it too much to the Challenger of the past then get one of those, if your not happy with body gaps well guess what, none of the cars your driving now came with handcrafted body gaps eigther thats what happens on mass production etc etc...

I guess what I'm trying to say is stop looking at all all the bad and look at the GOOD! We the MOPAR crowd FINALLY have an obtainable mucle/sports car that inherits everything that we love and respect of our brand, sport and mucle car heritage, no more will it just be FORD and CHEVY ruling the streets in NEW muscle car glory, just like the 60's they got ahead of the 8 ball first but what happend MOPAR came out on top and now we're it's come full circle.

Thanx for reading my little rant!
:cheers::cheers::cheers:Your said it the same why i would of :bootysha:

This car was a new 08, the guy has deep pockets and already had i repainted. it was pictured on the challengertalk board.

I saw the red RT Challenger when I was registering my car. I heard him slipping the clutch when he was going through the parking lot so it was a manual trans.

Today I was driving by one of two dodge dealerships in my town looked in to see if they had a Challenger yet and to my surprise THEY DID! So naturally I went in and took a look at it. It was the 500th numbered car to come from the factory, black on black with a sunroof.
As far as I noticed (can't speak for every car built) this particular one had no door gap, hood gap or trunk gap problems, looked pretty solid to me. So I picked up a flyer for the car and talked to the lady she said that the SRT model was selling for around the $52,000 mark but that the car in the showroom was not for sale. The flyer stated that for the 2009 model year you coul not only get the Viper 6 speed trans but a 5 speed which I wasn't awair of yet.
But all in all now that I have seen the car in person not only do I wish I had the money to get one but it only makes me feel even more confident that Dodge has done they're job and done it well when it comes to the new Challenger.

-
Back