1/2 inch impact

-
And he sold you a IR gun because they were so good and the Snap On guns were not. LOL
FINALLY somebody said it. Did not want to be the one because I used up all my negativeness for the week but biggest disappointment in my life was owning Snap On 1/2" impacts. 2 new ones, both junk. Had to buy a Buffalo as backup to actually take nuts off. The 3/8" is great ,not the 1/2". And that puts me over, now I gotta be positive all week.:blob:

I've used the CP 734 as my general gun,, it's light, slender, maneuverable, , and has the power to do 95% of what I need without wearing out my wrist..

If I need more umph,, I bring out the I/R,, it has the grunt,, but not as versatile as the CP,,

PS, My first 734 lasted near 35 yrs, with 2 kits,, I bought my current 734 about
8 yrs ago..

if you can find a IR gun that was made in Athens PA they are good, the new ones I believe are not as good. Also look at Craftsman guns, they ran down the same line as the IR guns and were a little cheaper from what I can remember. the 231 is great, stay away from the quiet series. Our shop use to have a lot of issues with them

Lots to think about, Seems I will stay away from the snap-on guns. Thanks

IR 2135, about $260 on sale right now. I currently have 3(one at home, one in my toolbox at the shop, one in my toolbag for the truck), had one get stolen while down in the Chitcago ghetto. If that does't take it off, go straight to the 1" drive on a 1/2" airline, a 3/4" will usually just be wasting time.

If you do get a 2135, get the protective boot along with it. S/F....Ken M

-
Back