1/4 mile Shift Point

-
if the valve train were good to go, I wouldn't be afraid of 7000

Me Neither but most BB mopars out of wind (and out of the powerband) way before that. Both of mine were on the downslope before 6k. 5600/5800 respectively. This is why I like dyno's. Might feel like it's still pulling but all you are doing is overrevving your engine way past where is makes peak power.

Stock High Performance engines had a high pressure oil pump spring and a windage tray. This is the minimum I would do. Some factory HP oil pans had baffles in the pan to trap oil under acceleration.

I agree with chassis dynos I gained .012 for $250 on a 9 sec car. Just remember it's really had on your car because it's strapped down.

I agree with chassis dynos I gained .012 for $250 on a 9 sec car. Just remember it's really had on your car because it's strapped down.

The rear is strapped down. I'm not sure what added strain this puts on your car. That would be interesting to discuss.

I have a stockish 383. It is a stock rebuilt 1968 2 barrel engine that has had the following added: Mopar purple Roadrunner Resto Cam, Edelbrock Torker Intake, 850 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock 75 cc RPM heads. The car is a 4 speed with 4.10 gears.

I have only had it to the track a few times and have shifted at 5000 RPM. Is this a bit too low?
Pay attention to your 60' times. With a 4 speed and only a few times at the track, you'll have to have consistent 60' times for the '200 rpm increase per run' test to be accurate.

-
Back