1/4 window stops

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
On my convertible, there are 4 metal "stops" for the 1/4 windows. Each "stop" has a piece of rubber on the end. I assume the rubber just prevents metal to metal contact and might prevent some rattles. These rubber pieces are brittle and broke off the "stops". What are you using to replace these rubber pieces?

Pictures are on my home computer. I can post one tonight. The rubber pieces look like a 1/8" thick, 1/4" wide rubber band.

Here is a pic and I think RedFish's idea would work well
IMG_0551.jpg

That's not what I'm talking about. I'll post a picture tonight. The "stops" are just angled metal pieces with a groove on the edges so the rubber "band" doesn't slip off.

Gotcha I know what you are talking about now, just don't have any pics of it. What about plasti-dip?

I thought about plasti-dip but it doesn't go on very thick. I'm not sure how durable it would be either.(constant vibrations might eat through it in a hurry) It might work though. I also thought about cutting small slivers of rubber out of a tire side wall. I think the rubber only has to be on the bottom side of the bracket.

Steele Rubber from NC sells the actual piece that you are looking for. Basically nothing more than a rubber band and I believe that they are in the $6.00 range.

They didn't list them on their website. If you have a link to them, that would be great. Thanks

I will give my vendor rep a call and see if they are still available. I checked as well and could no longer find them. Just like NOS parts, reproduction parts can be discontinued as well once the demand really drops off or there manufacture decides to drop it from production.

I made a coupe of phone calls today and from what I found out that the initial reproduction of these bands were made by Tom Race at RT Specialties. I was told that there was possibly three different configurations. I did not try calling RT, but looked at the web site and could not locate them. I know that Jamie at Mega Parts once carried them, so hopefully one of the two will be able to help you out.

I appreciate you checking for me. I need to purchase a couple things from Tom so I'll ask him. Thanks

My local hardware store sells squares of rubber or varying thicknesses. When I did mine over on my Charger, I just bought a square of about the thickness of the original rubber, cut a thin strip to wrap around the angled piece, and used contact cement to glue it in place. Worked fine, dirt cheap.

-
Back