1.5 vs 1.6 rockers

-
How about the "stress" on the other side of the lobes, you know, when the spring/rocker force is HELPING rotate the cam?

Last edited:
I here a lot of complaints about the cost of HS rockers (under $1000) yet I just paid 99$ for 2 pieces of felt and 4 tiny plastic clips for my wing window channels !
Now that is over priced !

How about the "stress" on the other side of the lobes, you know, when the spring/rocker force is HELPING rotate the cam?

By the time you have gotten to lobes and spring big enough to matter you should have roller lifter already.

By the time you have gotten to lobes and spring big enough to matter you should have roller lifter already.

I was being sarcastic. Just pointing out that the increase in "stress" to open the valves will be partially offset by the force of the spring/rocker on the closing side.

On 318willrun's motor, extra stress from the 1.6 rockers would be the 999.....th thing I would worry about.

I was being sarcastic. Just pointing out that the increase in "stress" to open the valves will be partially offset by the force of the spring/rocker on the closing side.
BWAHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!! I love this humor... :D :D I was counting on a small amount of "boost" on the down stroke... :D

I believe there would be more stress on the chain with a higher ratio but it would be insignificant... besides that is what my billet Rollmaster is made for .

EXACTLY!!!!

Thank you!

I here a lot of complaints about the cost of HS rockers (under $1000) yet I just paid 99$ for 2 pieces of felt and 4 tiny plastic clips for my wing window channels !
Now that is over priced !
Just what until you try to put those felts in, the $ cost will be insignificant compared to the pain in your ***.

I have seen it done on a mid 12 sec Pontiac between rounds. No change, but I don’t really think you can answer that question with any degree of certainty. I’ve been told there are better ways to increase gross valve lift. If thats what you need, but if you are limited in gross lift and need the valve snapped open quicker. They could help you.

Yea I have read alot of bad about "budget" roller rockers. I havent seen any other than those 179 dollar ones on ebay that's "affordable" and they have terrible reviews for the money I'd love to see some real world results like 318willun.

Double that 179 dollar figure and you can get some pretty nice ones.

Is that blue marker, paint, or actual anodizing?
To me it looks as if the rocker bodies were anodized and then drilled/machined. Nothing wrong per se, but looks shitty nonetheless.
Holes were not concentric so drilling left those blue spots.

To me it looks as if the rocker bodies were anodized and then drilled/machined. Nothing wrong per se, but looks shitty nonetheless.
Holes were not concentric so drilling left those blue spots.

My guess was they were used and sent back and someone stuck them in a new box and shipped them out.

318willrun, check out post #48 in my magnum thread. Your mag rockers may be more than 1.6.

Here is 1.6 LA rockers. Kim

D3E93439-2BB9-42C4-BBB4-C20B48A646BD.jpeg

010580E7-A908-4CC3-95D2-3942DE35B469.jpeg

Trapster is correct, stud mounted 1.3 rockers for break in are a perfect example, post #84

-
Back