1 7/8 headman hustler small block headers

-

1bad360duster

Reaction score
Any body use these on a duster? How did you like them? I might be looking to get a set

I have a set of W2 1 7/8" headers that I'm putting on my 416. Other than the fact of being a jigsaw puzzle, I like them.

As long as you don’t mind poking a hole in the fender they are a great header. I suggest if you are not wanting to put the hole in the fender to look at the Tubular Automotive header. That’s will be my next set and I have a guy buying a set for his Pontiac.

As long as you don’t mind poking a hole in the fender they are a great header. I suggest if you are not wanting to put the hole in the fender to look at the Tubular Automotive header. That’s will be my next set and I have a guy buying a set for his Pontiac.
Tubulars are good headers , Yellow Rose... when mine wore out I regret buying the TTIs.. I should have just bought another set to Tubulars

recently installed these in my 68 valiant. If you need some pics let me know. To be able to install each pipe separately makes installation much more easy, the routing of the pipes is really nice around steering etc. I do have a moroso 8qt. pan, the headers do not hang deeper than the pan. Only negative is that the front tires rub when the steering wheel is turned to the max.....but i can live with that. I really like the design, unfortunately no numbers up til now....no racing possible over here.

Michael

I have a set of W2 1 7/8" headers that I'm putting on my 416. Other than the fact of being a jigsaw puzzle, I like them.

That's a fact! When I picked mine up from ceramic coating they were apart and in one big box. I sat in the shop floor for thirty minutes figuring them out. LOL

For me the hole in the inner fender wasn't a big deal as my car is non original anyway. What is important is that they make good power, better than TTI's.

IMG_1073.JPG

I wish they would fit my 96 dakota truck. If I ever get to build another Abody. Theses are the headers I woukd like to use.

Well frick, I can’t find my Hedman Huster catalog and the web catalog is garbage. I think they make a header for the passenger car heads.

I still think you ought to look at the Tubular Automotive headers. I’ll post the link here.

Well frick, I can’t find my Hedman Huster catalog and the web catalog is garbage. I think they make a header for the passenger car heads.

I still think you ought to look at the Tubular Automotive headers. I’ll post the link here.
YR, I would be interested in a link, gonna assume you would need to have manual steering.

YR, I would be interested in a link, gonna assume you would need to have manual steering.

The link is in post 10. I read the notes in the catalog and nowhere does it say you can’t have power steering. And that header uses adapter plates. That makes a big difference getting the header bolts in. The 5303 Hooker’s I use don’t have the plate, so a couple of the bolts are kinda tight.

You can call them. They are very helpful on the phone for sure.

The link is in post 10. I read the notes in the catalog and nowhere does it say you can’t have power steering. And that header uses adapter plates. That makes a big difference getting the header bolts in. The 5303 Hooker’s I use don’t have the plate, so a couple of the bolts are kinda tight.

You can call them. They are very helpful on the phone for sure.
Thank you very much YR!

Those do look nice, seems the hedmans would be easier to instal but not sure. Anyone have a power comparison between the two ?

If these are the 1 7/8 hedman race headers and if you run a Milodon oil pan get a big 4 pound hammer because you are going to need it. I love those headers and have a couple sets but I also reran two tubes to give oil pan and diaper clearance.

If these are the 1 7/8 hedman race headers and if you run a Milodon oil pan get a big 4 pound hammer because you are going to need it. I love those headers and have a couple sets but I also reran two tubes to give oil pan and diaper clearance.

Which Milodon pan are you talking about???

Those do look nice, seems the hedmans would be easier to instal but not sure. Anyone have a power comparison between the two ?

The collectors come off those Tubular automotive headers. I’d cut the flanges so you have 3 pieces per side and the collector.

Good headers are always a giant PITA to install. When they are on the fit well and make power.

I’d love to test the TA headers verses my 5303 Hooker’s. My dyno will be up and running soon.

I have two Milodon pans modified for my headers, one for a 340 the other for a 360.

I run the hedman's and really like them. Yes they will hit an 8qt milodon pan on the passenger side so be prepared to smash them. The hole in the inner fender was a non issue for me and it's just for the #7 and #8 tube, so it's not that bad. I would but them again. I think I recall that hedmans website does have them listed as w2 but the 75140 is for normal heads.

I also cut the flange between 2/4 to make installing/removing easier.

The first set of Tubular Automotive headers I bought were used and took me quite awhile to figure out the installation process after that it was easy . If you follow the sequence it is simple and no taking the suspension apart to do it like the TTIs. I miss my T/A headers ! The next time the motor comes out T/As are going to be bought and put in, I really don't like the TTIs !... they fit too close to the trans, don't like taking the suspension apart for removal or installation and the one piece design is a pain when installing by yourself. After just a few years in dry conditions they are rusting already.

38D75811-A98B-4569-BEC1-6C49EEFE9043.jpeg

The Hedmans are the easiest header I've ever installed, I cut the flanges between the tubes and it helped a bunch.
IMG_4605.jpg
IMG_4606.jpg
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG

Last edited:
Our “bracket Betty” iron head 360 has the Hedman Hustlers. My dad ran a spacer on one side on the header flange to clear the Milodon low pro pan. After I got the car and went tube K coil overs I put a rear sump truck pan on and the dang headers STILL hit (no idea where the spacer went). I had two tubes modified to clear. Plenty of room for the diaper and r/r.

-
Back