1-800-DON'T GO FedEx

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
Don't use FedEx!!!

I bought some 8 3/4 carriers from herschel in Oregon. I sent him a money order and he called me on HALLOWEEN stating that he was sending them on FedEx. Here we are at the end of freakin' November and I do not have my parts.

I called herschel last week letting him know that the packages have not arrived, and he called me back with a tracking number. Him and his wife called their local office where it was shipped from and they told them that the parts are in a warehouse near me, but it doesn't show that on the tracking web site. It only shows that they were sent from Oregon.

I called the warehouse and they gave me an 800 number. When I called the 800 number they give me some customer advocate idiot in freakin' Tennessee. I was told that they would call me this week to arrange a delivery. No call.

I am currently on the phone with them forcing them to make calls to trace these packages. Now they are saying that the packages were never picked up from the store where they were sent out from. I had to ask them to stay on and get that branch in on our conference call and find out where they are. I know if I let the warehouse in Oregon hang up, the store where they were shipped is going to say that they picked them up.

I have told these people including the managers that I have spoken with that they need to find another business to do because THEY SUCK AT THE TRACKING AND SHIPPING INDUSTRY!!!

Bottom line - Don't ship FedEx

They can't find their *** with BOTH HANDS!

UPS hasn't been much better around here lately. I had a 3 pound package sit at a warehouse for 2 days before it ever moved. Now they aren't delivering to my area because of road construction. USPS, FedEx and even an 18 wheeler haven't had problems getting here.

They were probably kicked under the counter because they weigh 65 lbs and the clerk couldnt pick them up. Hope they find them, Im shipping one cross country today FedEx. Ill be sure to track daily.

If the parts show up scanned by fedex, evidenced by online tracking info, they have possession of them PERIOD.

There has to be SOMETHING in the tracking box like the drop location or on a truck, etc.

They lost a 70 only floor shift steering column going from Indio to Phoenix. It happens. I've had worse with UPS. They all have warts to some degree.

I bought a dash pad from a guy in Ohio shipped to NY by UPS and when it came it had a huge dent in the middle of it, rendering it useless and worthless. Worst part was that it was a GREAT condition original perfect for my car. They tried to argue that it wasn't packaged properly (great care was taken to package it) and there were fragile stickers plastered all over the box.

I don't much, anymore, but when I used to "hang out" with my amateur radio buddies, some of us were always buyin' and sellin' gear. A couple of amplifiers or other heavy pieces could ONLY have been dropped off an 8' loading dock from the damage. Two of 'em I'm aware of were well packed with inner/ outer padded boxes. There is no excuse for this crap

I had a Bogen photo tripod "walk" right off my front porch. It was supposed to have been sent "delivery confirmed." Fed wouldn't do a damn thing.

Hell, USPS can't even TRACK anything. I've got stuff from them and their tracking still showed it was back east somewhere.

Yikes, I have an Amazon store and regularly buy/trade with other retailers. I've had a few errors happen specifically I ordered something only to later find out it was a faulty product and I refused to resell it so i did a refusal/RTS (received via usps rts'd via usps) anyways the tracking number did not show it returned, and this caused a problem with the support so I had to go to USPS and get the papers of the package being scanned showing it did indeed arrive back at their warehouse. I'm on good terms with the postal service, its good to have friends there. The lady even invited me to have thanksgiving dinner with her family, anyways... I fax'd the papers to the company, they apologized and approved my refund.

Bottom line is; as long as you stick to something, keep pressing -- it will happen. There's very few situations where it won't. Selling on Amazon is tricky bussiness because the sellers are the ones that get bent over backwards and Amazon favors buyers regardless of the facts.

I bought a 833 trans from a guy in CA.
UPS shipped it within 2 miles of my house to their terminal.

They said the package was "compromised" and shipped it back to CA.
The package arrived at the terminal 30 miles from the guys house and UPS said when it got there it was "compromised" and was returning it to the sender. WTF?

Anyways it show up at my place about 2.5 months later, the crate was beat to hell, ups had wraped up what was left of the crate. This thing looked like it had been dropped 10 times but trans only had minor damage.

You cannot make this crap up.
When I ship heavy items, I send it truck freight, costs a little more, but you package has a better chance to arrive undamaged, because so little people touch/handle the item.

I was a commercial sales mgr at a parts chain a while back.My special orders would come both ups and fedex.No problems with ups.I had to pick up orders from Panda Express a couple of times.I have had fed ex couriers leave parts delivery on the register.The cashier never pays attention and bags it with a cashout.Parcel never even signed for,crazy stuff.

I work for the phone company and am always left outside apt complexes with a door buzzer entry. Well, the guys phone is out so his door buzzer doesnt work. On more than one occasion, Im waiting for SOMEONE to open the gate and the UPS/FedEx guys will come running out of their double parked trucks and drop stuff off at the gate! Sure they will put a little sticky on the entry sytem, but to leave a box outside an apartment that clearly says Sony DCR-TRV17 HandyCam?? Helloooo! Being the stand up guy that I was raised as, I looked up the address, called my dispatch and got their number and called the customer myself. I think she gave me a Diet Coke! Im sure the delivery confirmation said "left with phone man at gate..."

The local rep in Oregon called the corporate manager that I was working with stating that he had security tape of the packages leaving the store. I told him to have the local warehouse verify that and get the driver's truck number and driver info.

Sharp as a whip, Brenda, In the warehouse traced it and finally discovered the problem. The store reprinted a new set of bar codes with a new tracking number. Apparently they did not cross reference the old numbers to the new ones. The packages are at my local warehouse and they are supposed to try to deliver tomorrow...

We'll see.

I am in the same boat as most of you been boned by Fedex more than once last time i paid for next day air it still took them 4 days and they refused to refund my money.Thank good Summit was stand up and gave me a credit for price of shipping plus 10% off my next purchase Go Summit.Screw Fedex.

krazykuda, sorry to hear about the shipping snafu. Unfortunately things like this do happen in the shipping industry even with the best of intentions. Hopefully they will get the situation resolved for you. I would like to offer you a personal apology on behalf of Fedex from a Fedex employee (myself) and a fellow Mopar enthusiast. I hate to hear stories like this.
Before I became an aircraft mechanic for Fedex in Chicago I used to work the sort hub in Indianapolis. I was always amazed when I watched tens of thousands of overnight packages and envelopes get unloaded,sorted, reloaded and depart the building in 3.5 hrs at night on over 100 different flights. Quite an amazing feat. I have personally run out to the an aircraft at last minute to make sure the occasional missed package made its flight.

HMMMM... I wonder if FedEx is going to get my new TV here in one piece? I guess WalMart can just send out another one since I bought their no fault warranty.

Its called a missort if they can not locate the box...the call was sent to Memphis cause that is the main Hub..did the boxes go out FedEx Ground..or FedEx Express...I can see one being slower then the other...Ground is slow...but to say in a warehouse near you..they dont have warehouses..they have hubs..I know this cause I work for FedEx...
Every carrier has problems..this time of the year is peak..you will have more problems then norm...I work for them and my intake took a week to get to me from california...should of been two days...I got it late..but I got it..
Sorry you haveing prob;lems...but FedEx comeing out of Canada is still a problem...JMO...

... When I called the 800 number they give me some customer advocate idiot in freakin' Tennessee.

They can't find their *** with BOTH HANDS!

Wow, I'm sure glad I know where my a$$ is. :-D

Too bad they can't find yours (rear ends that is). Sorry to hear about this. I hate reading these horror stories.

My boss's son sold a couple small block coil springs to a guy... shipped them... the guy never got them... my friend has been talking to UPS trying to find them.... no luck. Apparently the springs have vanished into thin air. My friend sent the guy his money back and is out of pair of Chevy small block coil springs.

Wow, I'm sure glad I know where my a$$ is. :-D

Too bad they can't find yours (rear ends that is). Sorry to hear about this. I hate reading these horror stories.

Good to hear you know where your a$$ is. :cheers:

If you ever loose it and need help finding it, give me a call... :blackeye:

They have found my rear ends. Turns out the store that took them in reprinted a second set of bar code labels and used them to ship and didn't tell us customers... (I'm the boss, need the info...). :scratch:

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with them calling the different "hubs" and then they finally called me back later and kept me informed. I was working with a manager from corporate and a manager in Oregon. Those two were the ones who made the difference. :salut:

Now I'm waiting for them to show up tomorrow. :banghead:

krazykuda, sorry to hear about the shipping snafu. Unfortunately things like this do happen in the shipping industry even with the best of intentions. Hopefully they will get the situation resolved for you. I would like to offer you a personal apology on behalf of Fedex from a Fedex employee (myself) and a fellow Mopar enthusiast. I hate to hear stories like this.
Before I became an aircraft mechanic for Fedex in Chicago I used to work the sort hub in Indianapolis. I was always amazed when I watched tens of thousands of overnight packages and envelopes get unloaded,sorted, reloaded and depart the building in 3.5 hrs at night on over 100 different flights. Quite an amazing feat. I have personally run out to the an aircraft at last minute to make sure the occasional missed package made its flight.

I accept your apology as long as my gears show up....

My cousin used to work at the Memphis hub. He was an aircraft engineer. :glasses7:

It is nice to hear that you go the extra mile to help the customer when you can. :cool:

They finally tracked it back to the store that took them in changed the bar code labels and we were not informed and were using the wrong tracking labels. There should have been something in the tracking system that would cross reference the new bar code/tracking numbers to the old ones. Ya kinda wonder how they could loose three 80 lb packages that were shipped together... :dontknow: :scratch:

They are supposed to try shipping them to my house tomorrow. :cheers:

Last year the Fedex guy stopped in front of our house while I was not home. My wife was on her way to work, and when the guy started up the driveway, she met him half way. he said, I have a box for you, and went back to the truck. He then dragged a 65lb box, halfway up the driveway, and when my wife signed the paper, he went back to his truck. My wife looked at the box, and said, "hey this is for the house next door", to which the fedex guy said "you signed for it", and drove off, leaving my 100lb wife standing in the driveway, late for work, with a 65lb box labelled "Gateway (computer)".

NOT cool!!

I got my gears today!!!!

Went to the local "hub" to pick them up this afternoon. I felt it was better than having them shipped to a local FedEx and more hands and transfers to interfere.

Thanks to John a corporate manager and Wendy a local Manager in Oregon who worked hard to track them down and get the answers we needed.

Shipping FedEx is a go now.

-
Back