#1 hillbilly drag strip

-
One thing i love bout some of the guys, they drill their cars.. talk bout how light they got it.. and the driver is 300+.. seems dropping 150# would work also :)

Our track record is 5.38 1/8 (George Rays)

You have been there ! Very cool track
Newport has been upgrading
Some of the guys that where working for me used our crane trucks to install the Jersey barriers at Centerville several years ago.
Its a neat track and the street races are always fun to watch.

1689770582494.png

Here is the Old Two Lane Blacktop in Bee Branch Arkansas, (Closed)

Some of the guys that where working for me used our crane trucks to install the Jersey barriers at Centerville several years ago.
Its a neat track and the street races are always fun to watch.
And y'all did a great job, its been a few years since I have been there.
View attachment 1716116669

Here is the Old Two Lane Blacktop in Bee Branch Arkansas, (Closed)
Thanks, I enjoy learning about our old race tracks

I'm very thankful that I live only 45min away from one of the oldest drag strips in Oregon - Madras Raceway. They've been in operation since 1961 and they're still going strong. They had the largest crowd ever in 2022 for the Nostalgia races. It was awesome to see everyone out having fun. Even non-car people came just to see it.

Dorothy Davis used to race Wild Wild West at this track. You can feel the history in your feet. From the weathered announcement tower to the gravel return road, Madras is truly a special place that needs to be preserved.

download.jpg

download-1.jpg

download-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very thankful that I live only 45min away from one of the oldest drag strips in Oregon - Madras Raceway. They've been in operation since 1961 and they're still going strong. They had the largest crowd ever in 2022 for the Nostalgia races. It was awesome to see everyone out having fun. Even non-car people came just to see it.

Dorothy Davis used to race Wild Wild West at this track. You can feel the history in your feet. From the weathered announcement tower to the gravel return road, Madras is truly a special place that needs to be preserved.

View attachment 1716116689

View attachment 1716116690

View attachment 1716116687

View attachment 1716116688

Yes Sir !! Thats a great place looks like, your very blessed to have it near by, I would love to pay a visit soon one day

-
Back