1 is good, is 2 better?

-

emsvitil

Reaction score
1 is good, is 2 better?

Didn't get too far driving today.......

Started car, started driving, get to 1st stop sign, car dies.

Starts right back up, start going, dies........

Won't idle.

Managed to go around block by starting, revving, push drive button, coast........repeat.

Anyway, I'm cleaning out the carb now.

Here's the question......

Currently I'm using 1 of those thick carb gaskets (it's a BBS).

I have another.

So, any benefit to using 2 of the thick carb gaskets?

Heat's not the problem............ (I have an electric pump to prime the carb)

I was wondering if the added length (2 will act like cheap carb spacer) would be of any benefit.

sounds like you got a vacuum leak, you have to feather the gas at a stop?

You're kidding, right?

NO,

1 hamster power is noticeable when you're starting with a BBS :D

Don't think it's a vacuum leak, ran fine yesterday.

There was lots of rust in the bowl, so I'm thinking some of the rust decided to clog the idle circuit.

I'll know tomorrow....

(stack enough gaskets, and I'll get a velocity stack )

No benefit to running two gaskets at all. "IF" it "fixes" your problem, you have another issue, but it is doubtful it will.

So, you immediately slam heat as "not the problem". How do you know heat IS NOT the problem when you do NOT know WHAT the problem IS?

The slant six heat mod for the fuel line is a very popular fix to an very popular problem. Electric fuel pumps do not always fix fuel heating problems.

You should listen to people who have experienced things before, instead of simply waiving off their suggestions. You DID ask for help, after all.

Heat isn't the problem because the problem started just after the first start of the day................

I wasn't asking for help on the 'not idling' problem.

I was asking if doubling the gasket would help performance in any way since I have the carb off and it would be easy to double the gaskets at the moment.......

Sorry if my minor tale of woe confused anybody.

Just disregard the carb problem.

I was just wondering if stacking the thick carb gaskets would act like a carb spacer and help performance in any way. (since I have the carb off at the moment)

I answered you. No.

I was just wondering if stacking the thick carb gaskets would act like a carb spacer and help performance in any way. (since I have the carb off at the moment)

The more you stack the gaskets, the more you increase the chances for a vacuum leak between them. I've seen where two stacked gaskets leak between them. If you need more gasket, just buy a thicker one... That way you only have two potential leak paths, not three...

-
Back